NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I never understood Bledsoe or Adams to the Pels.

Great job being able to get off both contracts in one trade, but it was their fault they had to do that anyways.

They got a major upgrade at the 5 and only had to move down 7 spots in the draft, great move for them. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

They got a major upgrade at the 5 and only had to move down 7 spots in the draft, great move for them. 

No doubt. I'm just saying they put themselves in the bad position, but they did a great job with this trade.

That Lakers pick in 2022 is also likely to be 25 or later. Least valuable pick they got from us.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

No doubt. I'm just saying they put themselves in the bad position, but they did a great job with this trade.

That Lakers pick in 2022 is also likely to be 25 or later. Least valuable pick they got from us.

They should swing another trade and go get Buddy.

Just now, NYRaider said:

They should swing another trade and go get Buddy.

I'd like that for them. They need his shooting pretty bad.

Was hoping we would be able to swing something for him, but if they and others are throwing out competing offers that is probably more of a long shot than the realistic option it seemed at first at least in comparison to other stuff people were throwing out.

When gauging how teams feel about the prospects available after the top 6, I think this trade is pretty telling. New Orleans had no issue with giving up #10 to dump Adams/Bledsoe. But Memphis also had no problem taking those guys on to move up 7 spots, lol. 

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'd like that for them. They need his shooting pretty bad.

Was hoping we would be able to swing something for him, but if they and others are throwing out competing offers that is probably more of a long shot than the realistic option it seemed at first at least in comparison to other stuff people were throwing out.

They can probably still land Corey Kispert or Chris Duarte at #17.