Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

My training camp report:

- Fun practice. More hitting than the past few days. OL v. DL was pretty intense.

- Jenkins v. Gary in 1 on 1. They split with Gary winning the 2nd round. 

- Watched the WR/DB 1 on 1s:

MVS beat Jaire deep on a nice stop/go route. 

Jackson had two really good reps against Lazard, two pbus. 

Sternberger had two nice grabs from ARod including a one hander.

Amari is insanely quick in his short area routes. Ran a quick fake out crosser on Jean-Charles and created about 5 yards of separation. Didn't see anyone else get that type of separation on a route today. 

MVS looks sharp. Smoked Stokes for a deep TD. Stokes was better later in the team sessions covering Adams.

- Love started hot then faded during the team sessions. Hit Bagelton and Funchess on a few timing routes for nice gains. Later threw a bad ball down the seam into double coverage that Uphoff easily picked. Next drive, Campbell almost picked him on a pass to Dillon over the middle. 

- Rodgers was fiery today and not in the best way. Got bumped in the arm/back by Preston/Jenkins in team and wasnt happy. Had some words for Myers on a late snap in the 2 min and then Patrick for a false start. Wasn't the sharpest day overall for the offense. 

- Goalline work from the 3 yard line resulted in two nice plays/TDs by Rodgers and Love. Arod hit Jones on an underneath slant for an easy 6 and then Love hit Amari who again got open easily over the middle for a tudder. 

- Other notes:

Henry Black getting a lot of first team reps in the 3-safety looks. He seems to be ahead of Scott as the No. 3 safety.

Jaire moved inside on some plays in the 2-4-5 look with Jackson/Stokes outside.

Runyan got first team LG snaps. 

Saw a ton of Gary stand up rushing on the inside in the team sessions.

Deguara was back but only did individual work, no team.

- PUP/NFI report: 

Dafney and McDuffie were working hard on the side, running/agility work. Redmond did some work too.

No sign of Keke today after seeing him doing intense work earlier this week. Hopefully no issue there. 

Still no sign of Z, King and Bakh all who must still be doing work exclusively inside. 

Martin was out today after the injury on Tuesday.

I was there today as well:

Reggie Begelton with a couple nice catches. I just don't think he has a chance of making the team due to the acquisition of Cobb.

Gary with some impressive bull rushes against Runyan in pass rushing drills. 

Nice stuff on a running play by Dean Lowry. Not sure if he beat Runyan or Myers. 

Winfree looks the part. Last WR position looks like a battle between  Winfree and Funchess.

Dexter Williams looks quicker than in the past. 

Nice PBU by Vernon Scott. I think he's an underrated player. 

Nice INT by Uphoff, but Love really floated that one down the middle. 

Amari Rodgers looked dynamite on 1 jet sweep. 

• Like 6

Just now, Old Guy said:

They are going to be GREAT completions. Some will say maybe the greatest completions ever. 

He could complete a swing pass and I'll call it a throw a Rodgers couldn't make. It's gonna be a troll fest of Love fandom

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I was there today as well:

Reggie Begelton with a couple nice catches. I just don't think he has a chance of making the team due to the acquisition of Cobb.

Gary with some impressive bull rushes against Runyan in pass rushing drills. 

Nice stuff on a running play by Dean Lowry. Not sure if he beat Runyan or Myers. 

Winfree looks the part. Last WR position looks like a battle between  Winfree and Funchess.

Dexter Williams looks quicker than in the past. 

Nice PBU by Vernon Scott. I think he's an underrated player. 

Nice INT by Uphoff, but Love really floated that one down the middle. 

Amari Rodgers looked dynamite on 1 jet sweep. 

Love floated a lot of passes. It's going to be interesting to see his arm strength in the PS because today he had a few chances to zip it in there but didn't. For instance, that PBU by Scott was a pass by Love to Funchess. It was there but Love floated it out there allowing Scott to break up what should have been a completion.

Edited by packfanfb

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Love floated a lot of passes. It's going to be interesting to see his arm strength in the PS because today he had a few chances to zip it in there but didn't. For instance, that PBU by Scott was a pass by Love to Funchess. It was there but Love floated it out there allowing Scott to break up what should have been a completion.

Sounds like a kid who doesn't want to miss on the throw so he's aiming it instead of letting it rip?  Just doesn't trust what he sees yet. Is that your sense or are you saying his arm isn't as good as advertised. 

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Sounds like a kid who doesn't want to miss on the throw so he's aiming it instead of letting it rip?  Just doesn't trust what he sees yet. Is that your sense or are you saying his arm isn't as good as advertised. 

I think he has it. On Tuesday he made a deep sideline throw to Blair on the move that was Rodgers-like. Might just be him still not fully understanding (or having a feel for) just how much faster things are in the NFL. Those NFL throwing windows are so much smaller. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think he has it. On Tuesday he made a deep sideline throw to Blair on the move that was Rodgers-like. Might just be him still not fully understanding (or having a feel for) just how much faster things are in the NFL. Those NFL throwing windows are so much smaller. 

Positive that Love at least has the ability to put some touch on a pass.

When to use the heat, when to use some touch.  Reps hopefully will help that learning process

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Appreciate you writing this stuff up. Good to hear about actual football instead of the Rodgers drama. 

32 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Positive that Love at least has the ability to put some touch on a pass.

When to use the heat, when to use some touch.  Reps hopefully will help that learning process

We’ll see what Love has in his young repertoire. I remember Rodgers, like Favre before him, had to learn to take a bit off of the short passes.  In the NFL you’ve got to get it there quick but it can’t be a fast ball every time. That and of course ball placement/accuracy are when you know you’ve got some real arm talent to go with the cannon. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Been said but thanks for all this from me as well