Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler -    Fantastic diving catch by Amari Rodgers on an out route from Love. This kid’s athleticism pops off the field a few times every practice.

He had one yesterday that everyone was talking about where he dove for it too. 

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

He had one yesterday that everyone was talking about where he dove for it too. 

Good to see the effort pay off....only question thats left unanswered is if Love's pass could have been better i.e. so he didnt have to dive. No clue about that.

33 minutes ago, Leader said:

Paul Bretl -    LB group seems pretty well defined:

1s: Campbell and Barnes
2s: Burks and Summers

Burks stands to benefit the most from the Rambo injury. His ST play may be enough for the Packers to keep him as the No. 5 ILB/primary ST player

4 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

With Z out and Gary possibly out gonna see a lot of Garvin, Galeai, Rivers, D, Scott Saturday. 

Z and Preston shouldn't play anyways. I'd maybe play Gary a little if he was healthy, but frankly, those guys don't need preseason action. I want them healthy for the Saints. Let those other guys get 99% of the reps. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Z and Preston shouldn't play anyways. I'd maybe play Gary a little if he was healthy, but frankly, those guys don't need preseason action. I want them healthy for the Saints. Let those other guys get 99% of the reps. 

Agreed, maybe a little tune up in gm.2 just to get the juices flowing but even that is probably overrated.   We will have joint practices week 2 vs. NYJ and LaFleur said one reason he likes those practices is because you can get some competitive work in with your starters but likely don't need to get them into PS games as much or at all.   Week 3 will be the traditional week 4 longshots' last chance to make an impression.

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Agreed, maybe a little tune up in gm.2 just to get the juices flowing but even that is probably overrated.   We will have joint practices week 2 vs. NYJ and LaFleur said one reason he likes those practices is because you can get some competitive work in with your starters but likely don't need to get them into PS games as much or at all.   Week 3 will be the traditional week 4 longshots' last chance to make an impression.

I think last year proved just how meaningless the preseason is, at least for your starters. There wasn't any drop off early in regular season play that I noticed despite no preseason last year. Preseason has 2 uses: for the NFL, it's useful to make money, and for teams, it's useful to evaluate the back end of your roster or maybe a positional battle or two. That's it. 

• Like 1

Just now, packfanfb said:

I think last year proved just how meaningless the preseason is, at least for your starters. There wasn't any drop off early in regular season play that I noticed despite no preseason last year. Preseason has 2 uses: for the NFL, it's useful to make money, and for teams, it's useful to evaluate the back end of your roster or maybe a positional battle or two. That's it. 

I was just looking at the week one PS schedule and it's so obviously set up for viewership in terms of time slots, like sure why wouldn't it be but it still kinda surprised me a tad. Like the Saturday evening games definitely seem like the most popular ones

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

I was just looking at the week one PS schedule and it's so obviously set up for viewership in terms of time slots, like sure why wouldn't it be but it still kinda surprised me a tad. Like the Saturday evening games definitely seem like the most popular ones

Yea, I don't see the NFL ever letting go of the preseason completely and dropping from 4 to 3 games took forever. I still enjoy it as a fan as well, and again, it is useful for guys like Love and back-end roster guys who fighting to make a team or win a positional battle. I don't need to see Z get a meaningless sack in the preseason or Jones run for a meaningless 50 yard run. I'd rather watch guys like Love, Hill, P. Taylor, Garvin/Tipa, Slaton, Stokes, etc. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Yea, I don't see the NFL ever letting go of the preseason completely and dropping from 4 to 3 games took forever. I still enjoy it as a fan as well, and again, it is useful for guys like Love and back-end roster guys who fighting to make a team or win a positional battle. I don't need to see Z get a meaningless sack in the preseason or Jones run for a meaningless 50 yard run. I'd rather watch guys like Love, Hill, P. Taylor, Garvin/Tipa, Slaton, Stokes, etc. 

Yeah that's all I want to see too. We had the HOF game on at the bar and idk how many idiots were shocked that the stars wouldn't playing and one guy said bc they're ******* now and whatnot. It's like dude that's not what PS is for anymore. Hasn't been for a long time