Training Camp 2021

ReggieCamp

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Also, Njoku needs to be the starting TE.

Why? Just curious on your thought process

he is great lined up outside but the browns need a legit end of the line TE who can block and catch. Yes Njoku had a great blocking rate last year but he was not being asked to do the same things that Hooper was. Think he can flourish in the 2nd/3.rd TE cause he can be used for mismatches 

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

Why? Just curious on your thought process

he is great lined up outside but the browns need a legit end of the line TE who can block and catch. Yes Njoku had a great blocking rate last year but he was not being asked to do the same things that Hooper was. Think he can flourish in the 2nd/3.rd TE cause he can be used for mismatches 

Because he is earning it, all he is doing is carrying over his level of play from late last season. He was vital in the run game and just as vital in the passing game. He played like a guy who was drafted in the 1st round and was one of the best players on the field, his play in camp continues to confirm that. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Because he is earning it, all he is doing is carrying over his level of play from late last season. He was vital in the run game and just as vital in the passing game. He played like a guy who was drafted in the 1st round and was one of the best players on the field, his play in camp continues to confirm that. 

He was vital in the run game as the 2nd/3rd TE where he is getting tasked with the easier blocking assignments. Don’t see him sealing or reaching guys like Hooper or Bryant can. Those 2 are by far better blockers. 

also think he looked good because Stef was able to pick and choose when and how to use him. Last 5 games he saw 50% or more in snaps just once, thst was also with Bryant having covid issues. I like Njoku but im Not ready to declare he is a #1 TE

Asking out of ignorance. Do TE work with the OL coach on blocking technique? Is that something that would even make sense? Only reason I ask is because I would hope that all 3 TE's end up increasing their blocking which adds to our running game and helping out in pass protection when needed. 

• Like 1

We did pay Austin Hooper a lot of money to seemingly be JAG. 

Open competition would be fine for me. I think there are three guys we could probably use differently this season and I don’t care personally who is producing as long as they are producing. David Njoku has always had a very high ceiling. If he can be consistent, which is always been the question, that is your best guy. If he decides to show up in his contract year with the motivation to get paid somewhere in the off-season, great, we need the production however we are going to get it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Someone check on the status of the barbell; good chance they need a new one.

Nice

Considering Kc maybe missing 2 interior lineman.

Like what we have done most importantly is that are offense is 100 percent healthy  .