Training Camp 2021

ReggieCamp

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32011477/pittsburgh-steelers-fill-need-linebacker-acquire-joe-schobert-jacksonville-jaguars-source-says

JoeSho to Steeltown. 

Let’s all try to spin this like they are taking our cast offs now…

Another Joe with a bloated contract & living off past accolades off to the Steelers a couple seasons after he's peaked.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32011477/pittsburgh-steelers-fill-need-linebacker-acquire-joe-schobert-jacksonville-jaguars-source-says

JoeSho to Steeltown. 

Let’s all try to spin this like they are taking our cast offs now…

I think we all know that Joe Show is good at what he's good at....high volume tackle and nice in coverage....but that is in a 4-3.....is Joe gonna be able to take on Teller, stack and shed, and then tackle the Cubbster running up behind teller full speed? I dont think that is Joe's Strength....

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I think we all know that Joe Show is good at what he's good at....high volume tackle and nice in coverage....but that is in a 4-3.....is Joe gonna be able to take on Teller, stack and shed, and then tackle the Cubbster running up behind teller full speed? I dont think that is Joe's Strength....

I agree with everything you’re saying here, that his best days are behind him…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Another Joe with a bloated contract & living off past accolades off to the Steelers a couple seasons after he's peaked.

Yes, but Joe Haden is/was WAAAYYY better than Schobert ever was. They didn't get prime Haden, but he's been pretty good for them. Still salty that we cut him and gifted the Steelers their best CB.

9 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Yes, but Joe Haden is/was WAAAYYY better than Schobert ever was. They didn't get prime Haden, but he's been pretty good for them. Still salty that we cut him and gifted the Steelers their best CB.

Haden was done for us. He looked toast his last few years. I’m very surprised he’s still going. I don’t know much about what coverage scheme they run in pit but obviously he fits that a lot better than he did ours. Or he just lost his passion here and needed a change. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Haden was done for us. He looked toast his last few years. I’m very surprised he’s still going. I don’t know much about what coverage scheme they run in pit but obviously he fits that a lot better than he did ours. Or he just lost his passion here and needed a change. 

Yeah when he was here he was going through the motions, giving a “professional effort”.  We wasn’t good his last couple years here.  At least not as good as he’s been in Pitt.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah when he was here he was going through the motions, giving a “professional effort”.  We wasn’t good his last couple years here.  At least not as good as he’s been in Pitt.

100% Truth, and this has been the case with a lot of guys in the past. There have been very few guys who put it all on the line when we were losing 

• Like 1