return of cobb

FinneasGage

3 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

I must’ve missed where Rodgers said that, it’s a little upsetting. I mean I do agree with him, I’ve been to one game in GB and couldn’t leave quickly enough the next day.  that being said why does it matter if an nfl location is a vacay destination or not. You are there to win games, not relax on the beach. 

From the transcript:

So I wanted to offer my services as a recruiter. I think we can all understand, Green Bay isn’t a huge vacation destination. People are coming here to play with me, to play with our team and knowing that they could win a championship here

5 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Glad to see him not take the bait.  The tone of that question was pretty sour and clearly trying to stir up the players vs. management schism. We likely overpayed, but like Cobb said when asked what he’s got left, he’ll let his game answer that. Good guy all around. Welcome  back!

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

From the transcript:

So I wanted to offer my services as a recruiter. I think we can all understand, Green Bay isn’t a huge vacation destination. People are coming here to play with me, to play with our team and knowing that they could win a championship here

Okay that’s better. 

Rob Demovsky -  Randall Cobb on how it feels to be back:

“I can breathe again. I’ve seen the other side.”

His teammates told him he’s acting like he just out of prison.

Didn’t mean is a rip on the Texans.

“Green Bay is like a Fortune 500 company and Houston is like a start-up.”

• Like 2

Peter Bukowski -  Here is the whole quote from Gutekunst

“I think that’s a big part of it. Without Aaron, we probably wouldn’t be pursuing that … This was a very important thing for Aaron, and that’s why we did it.”

Don’t make it seem like Gutekunst was anti-Cobb. That’s not what he said.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Maybe Cobb should be the team's recruiter.....

AR:  "Green Bay's not exactly a vacation destination"

Cobb:  "I definitely had tears yesterday. we love this place, we love this city. It's a special place."

Thats frickin hilarious.  Lol!!

2 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

Watching Cobb’s presser.  I’m not thrilled with this still, but he really is a pretty great guy. 

Like Donald Driver in his last years, we probably won't see the true value of Cobb.  He's a mentor, a lockeroom presence, he'll contribute.  Dont get caught up in numbers, watch his 3rd down catches and Rodgers finding him while on the run.   Invaluable. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

If Rodgers had control of the roster, GB would have an average age of 33 while being one of the slowest teams in the league

But the high character vets would handle all the losing really well.

22 hours ago, Leader said:

Only thing of note for me is the object of the guy's attention (for some reason.....) is wearing a different dress in the middle picture. A Photoshopping glitch most likely.

Maybe the red dress was a rental, and by having it for the complete photo shoot meant putting them over budget?.....

19 hours ago, Leader said:

Maybe Cobb should be the team's recruiter.....

AR:  "Green Bay's not exactly a vacation destination"

Cobb:  "I definitely had tears yesterday. we love this place, we love this city. It's a special place."

They are both correct.  GB is great in the summer (and why we return every June) but there aren't a lot of great attractions in town besides our football team.  GB is a special place because of the Packers and a wonderful area to raise a family.  Hubby and I find we are not busy enough as retired folks to be here all year round.  I was never a fan of the cold.   

17 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Like Donald Driver in his last years, we probably won't see the true value of Cobb.  He's a mentor, a lockeroom presence, he'll contribute.  Dont get caught up in numbers, watch his 3rd down catches and Rodgers finding him while on the run.   Invaluable. 

Yes, his value might be more as a mentor to the young guy we just drafted.  Having quality veterans on various positions in your locker room will rub off on the younger ones.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 6:56 AM, Brit Pack said:

Just looking now, Cobb is the 8th highest paid player on our roster!!! That's a lot for WR #3/#4

Anyway, keeps out QB happy and does give us more weapons but can see why Gutey would not normally do this move.

I think from a snaps/targets perspective I'd be surprised if Cobb wasn't the clear-cut #2 option above tonyan and MVS unless we see a huge leap from one of those two.  at least until later in the season when Cobb slows down and/or gets hurt.