return of cobb

FinneasGage

57 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I think from a snaps/targets perspective I'd be surprised if Cobb wasn't the clear-cut #2 option above tonyan and MVS unless we see a huge leap from one of those two.  at least until later in the season when Cobb slows down and/or gets hurt.

Um....Lazard? Dude catches practically everything.

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

I think from a snaps/targets perspective I'd be surprised if Cobb wasn't the clear-cut #2 option above tonyan and MVS unless we see a huge leap from one of those two.  at least until later in the season when Cobb slows down and/or gets hurt.

Tonyan had the highest catch per ball thrown to him in the entire NFL last year. He needs a lot more chances this year. I know it's not going to go down like this but MVS and Lazard should also get more catches. Much more dynamic players. 

Honestly, Aaron Jones probably deserves more touches in the passing game than Cobb too. 

3 hours ago, Joe said:

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Tonyan had the highest catch per ball thrown to him in the entire NFL last year. He needs a lot more chances this year. I know it's not going to go down like this but MVS and Lazard should also get more catches. Much more dynamic players. 

Honestly, Aaron Jones probably deserves more touches in the passing game than Cobb too. 

Sure, but is that how you expect this to go?  12 forced Cobb on to the team; he's gonna get his targets and snaps.

It's not how it should go, but it is how it WILL go.

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Maybe not what you're talking about but I was playing Madden one day and he dropped like 11 passes and I'm like WTF why is he so bad so I googled and found this

3. He has more than 7 drops.

Lazard recorded five drops on 46 targets last year, a horrendous 10.9 percent drop rate. Lazard needs to improve his hands moving forward, as the Packers’ offense can’t continue to overcome the drops from everyone not named Adams. If Lazard stays healthy this year, I expect that overall number to climb, even if the percentage drops. That’s why I predict he’ll have seven drops–due to increased games and an increase in targets as a result.

Why does it seem like he really doesn't drop many to me still though

34 minutes ago, Norm said:

Maybe not what you're talking about but I was playing Madden one day and he dropped like 11 passes and I'm like WTF why is he so bad so I googled and found this

Lazard recorded five drops on 46 targets last year, a horrendous 10.9 percent drop rate. Lazard needs to improve his hands moving forward, as the Packers’ offense can’t continue to overcome the drops from everyone not named Adams. If Lazard stays healthy this year, I expect that overall number to climb, even if the percentage drops. That’s why I predict he’ll have seven drops–due to increased games and an increase in targets as a result.

Back when I had PFF last year, I remember being shocked by how high his drop rate was.  Lazard.  I remember one glaring drop on a bomb, but that was about it.  Maybe it is a PFF thing.  Or maybe we all just remember the MVS drops more because they were potentially bigger plays.

38 minutes ago, Norm said:

I bitched about his hands a few times and people were like .. what?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Sure, but is that how you expect this to go?  12 forced Cobb on to the team; he's gonna get his targets and snaps.

No, and I see that being a problem when the QB is forcing the ball to the guy who should be no better than the 5th option. The 5th option not counting on the rookie. 

I think the 3rd and 3 to 5 is going to be all about Adams and Cobb. Unless LaFleur runs a play specifically designed to another player that is where Rodgers eyes are going to go. 

On 8/2/2021 at 4:48 PM, vegas492 said:

Back when I had PFF last year, I remember being shocked by how high his drop rate was.  Lazard.  I remember one glaring drop on a bomb, but that was about it.  Maybe it is a PFF thing.  Or maybe we all just remember the MVS drops more because they were potentially bigger plays.

PFR is the same way with the Lazard drops. He just had some drops last year. That's all. 

On 8/2/2021 at 4:10 PM, skibrett15 said:

I absolutely do not expect Cobb to be the clear cut WR2.  Cobb will have a role, but his role will not be significantly larger than the role played by Lazard or MVS.

Edited by Mazrimiv

59 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Am I the only one who thinks MVS is going to be the WR2 without a doubt? He matured a lot the second half if the season and I can see him having a 1000 yard season now that we have 17 games.

He probably should be but I'm OK if doesn't put up those kinds of numbers. 

55 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am not really expecting the team to have a clear cut WR2.

Selfishly, if we do this and he doesn't have a monster year the ability to re-sign him increases. 

2 hours ago, VonKarman said:

Am I the only one who thinks MVS is going to be the WR2 without a doubt? He matured a lot the second half if the season and I can see him having a 1000 yard season now that we have 17 games.

He's got a shot as long as he can stay consistent and stay out of Rodgers dog house.  I think Rodgers has got to the point where he will stick with him thru minor periods of inconsistency.