The 2021 NBA Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

9 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Who can tell me about the guy the Pels drafted?

Trey Murphy? he was one of my favorite guys in the draft. Seen him play in person when he was at Rice before he transferred to Virginia. I hated he went to the Pelicans.  Legit 3 and D guy. Wont provide you nothing more than that.   I wish he fell to the Rockets at pick 23/24. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Trey Murphy? he was one of my favorite guys in the draft. Seen him play in person when he was at Rice before he transferred to Virginia. I hated he went to the Pelicans.  Legit 3 and D guy. Wont provide you nothing more than that.   I wish he fell to the Rockets at pick 23/24. 

Sounds like a perfect fit next to BI and Zion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Breesus mode said:

Who can tell me about the guy the Pels drafted?

Trey Murphy was a late riser in the draft process. 6'9" 200 with a 7'0" wingspan that had 50/40/90 shooting splits last season at UVA after transferring in from Rice. He's kind of limited offensively as a guy that can't really create for himself or others consistently but he's a knock down shooter and a really good defender. I don't think he has a crazy high ceiling but he should be a very good role player for you guys. 

I actually love his fit with your group because he's not going to be asked to create, he'll just need to space the floor and having Murphy/Zion/Ingram will give you a lot of defensive versatility. 

• Like 1

Shams Charania: Washington Wizards No. 31 pick Isaiah Todd has agreed to a four-year, $7 million rookie deal, with three guaranteed seasons, his agents Wallace Prather and Steve Haney of @parlay_se tell @TheAthletic 

@TheRealMcCoy 

This is why the G-League route is not a smart route for any guy that's not a lock to be a top 10 pick. Todd was originally supposed to go to Michigan but went the G-League route instead. His potential teammate at UM, Franz Wagner wasn't ready to enter the draft as a freshman so he returned for his sophomore season. He just went #8 overall and got a 4 yr/$22.7M guaranteed deal. As opposed to Todd who had to enter the draft and got a 4 yr/$7M guaranteed deal. 

As reported by Marca, Usman Garuba has reached an agreement with Real Madrid and he'll be able to pay his buyout in multiple installments, so he'll join the Rockets already this season. Garuba's buyout is worth around €3 million and would have increased in the coming seasons.

Garuba coming over

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

As reported by Marca, Usman Garuba has reached an agreement with Real Madrid and he'll be able to pay his buyout in multiple installments, so he'll join the Rockets already this season. Garuba's buyout is worth around €3 million and would have increased in the coming seasons.

Garuba coming over

Is he playing in the summer league?