Around the NFL: Only Commies like Carson.

Kiltman

On 10/1/2021 at 12:48 PM, oland11 said:

This is the Fletcher Cox effect. Either Fletch gets double teamed and Hargrave gets into the backfield or Hargrave gets double teamed and Fletch puts an OG on their butt.  Fletch man handled the Cowboy's OG to force Dak to scramble and Hargrave disengaged from being blocked at the right moment. It's just better since Hargrave is a huge upgrade over the other guys we've had start next to Fletch over the years.

A few replays from early in the Dallas game showed them both being double, which is insane. Barnett and Sweat should get 30 sacks each

Cox is still getting doubled consistently, that’s all he’s really bringing to the table right now, attention. Problem is he’s been getting completely swallowed up by them. Even when he does get 1 on 1 chance, it’s a toss up if he’ll win the rep. Rewind a few years ago, Cox was consistently beating double teams and a 1 on 1 situation was won before it began.

I think it’s a combination of his decline as player (year 10 I believe, has had fair share of injuries) with new scheme up front which may not fit his style.

31 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Cox is still getting doubled consistently, that’s all he’s really bringing to the table right now, attention. Problem is he’s been getting completely swallowed up by them. Even when he does get 1 on 1 chance, it’s a toss up if he’ll win the rep. Rewind a few years ago, Cox was consistently beating double teams and a 1 on 1 situation was won before it began.

I think it’s a combination of his decline as player (year 10 I believe, has had fair share of injuries) with new scheme up front which may not fit his style.

That plus the report in the offseason that he does not take care of his body as he should. 

5 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

A few replays from early in the Dallas game showed them both being double, which is insane. Barnett and Sweat should get 30 sacks each

Not to defend Barnett at all, but when was lining up on the right side, he was facing Tyron Smith who is still a very good OT. But yes, I agree they should've been able to get more in Dak's face

Just now, Danger said:

I am done giving Barnett any semblance of a pass. Quite frankly he's a bust. Average talent, and his head is always up his ***.

I think just about everyone in Philly is done with Barnett. Even if he walked away with 20 sacks to finish the season I would not want to bring him back.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Would you guys trade Miles this year? Heard them bring it up on BWFs and thought it was an interesting thought.

He won't get a second contract here so I'd absolutely trade him - trade him for a pick, trade him for a safety, trade him for a linebacker. 

• Like 1