Giants sign center Joe Looney; he retires days later

TheKillerNacho

Didn't Looney lose his job to Tyler Biadasz? And Biadasz wasn't even that great last year.

Saying he'll compete for a starting spot may be a stretch, but Jason Garrett knows him so that probably helps his chances.

I'm a little more enthusiastic about Austin Reiter visiting us. Plus DJ Fluker is still out there.

2 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Didn't Looney lose his job to Tyler Biadasz? And Biadasz wasn't even that great last year.

Saying he'll compete for a starting spot may be a stretch, but Jason Garrett knows him so that probably helps his chances.

I'm a little more enthusiastic about Austin Reiter visiting us. Plus DJ Fluker is still out there.

Fluker is technically a Dolphin atm (although he's likely to be released with an injury settlement). Still, he's not really healthy enough to play.

1 minute ago, y*so*blu said:

I didn't know about that. What's the injury?

He had a knee surgery that is expected to have an 8 week rehab time, iirc. Started on the PUP list but IR'd a bit later. After his release, he might be an option for a midseason signing in response to an injury or something, but he's not going to be able to complete in a training camp or preseason

• Like 1