Worst Thing the USA Has Done to the UK Since the Boston Teaparty - WK8 GDT

Mastercheddaar

Following a long-established tradition in Cleveland, quarterback DeShone Kizer has had a miserable rookie season. The Browns’ second-round pick was thrown into the fire after winning the starting job in training camp and preseason. His opening game showed promise. Cleveland lost 21-18 to Pittsburgh in Week 1 and the rookie QB went 20-for-30 with 222 yards, one touchdown, one interception.

Since then he’s thrown two touchdowns, 10 interceptions and has a 49.0% completion percentage and 40.2 rating. Last week, Kizer was pulled after going 12-for-20 with two interceptions against the Tennessee Titans.

Kizer’s numbers have been bad no matter where he throws the ball, but his worst moments have come on intermediate throws that require being able to read the defense and anticipate openings. On passes between 11-20 yards, Kizer is 13-for-41 with one touchdown, five interceptions and a 20.6 rating. Over 20 yards, he’s just 5-for-21 with the longest being a 38-yard completion.

On throws between 1-10 yards, he’s been mildly effective, averaging 8.7 yards per completion and registering a 70.0 rating. The Browns’ two running backs are dangerous. Crowell and Duke Johnson have combined for 45 catches on 62 targets for 422 yards.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/10/kizers-chance-vikings-yards-catch/

i didn't realize he has been that bad... why again is he starting?

from the same article:

The problem with the dump-off strategy is that Eric Kendricks and Anthony Barr have pinned down a number of quality pass-catching running backs. Alvin Kamara, Le’Veon Bell and Theo Reddick, for example, hardly put a dent in the Vikings’ defense. Football Outsiders’ advanced yardage stat DVOA ranks the Vikings 10th best in the NFL in the pass game against running backs.

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

This is one of the many reasons why you leave before 5am Thursday for a London game. Have mercy, Zimmer.

meanwhile, Zimmer had his staff research the pre-game schedules of winning NFL teams in London games, and consulted with sleep experts, nutritionists, and therapists.

32 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

meanwhile, Zimmer had his staff research the pre-game schedules of winning NFL teams in London games, and consulted with sleep experts, nutritionists, and therapists.

Our front office probably did that too, but Hue made the schedule sooooo...

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

i didn't realize he has been that bad... why again is he starting?

Btw: Ty for digging up the stats.

My eyes were telling me he was that bad and its nice to have some proof to that validates what I have seen.

44 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think we need to shuffle our oline. 

Lt bitonio
LG Sterup

Tretter 

RG Zeitler

RT Coleman. 

There isn't a reshuffling that's going to replace a HOFer.

We didn't have a viable backup tackle at the start of the season and we don't have one now.  

If anything I'd move Coleman to the left side as that's what he played in college and when Joe took days off practice, but that's just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There isn't a reshuffling that's going to replace a HOFer.

We didn't have a viable backup tackle at the start of the season and we don't have one now.  

If anything I'd move Coleman to the left side as that's what he played in college and when Joe took days off practice, but that's just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I am not interested in the robbery of peter or Paul as much as I don't want a sprint to the QB from the LT. We are poked either way. But how are we less poked is the question. 
Drango appears riggid in his postue and appears slow footed. 

(Bitonio also played LT in college hence my suggestion.)

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I am not interested in the robbery of peter or Paul as much as I don't want a sprint to the QB from the LT. We are poked either way. But how are we less poked is the question. 
Drango appears riggid in his postue and appears slow footed. 

(Bitonio also played LT in college hence my suggestion.)

Also, in addition to Bitonio possibly being a good fit, Tretter played some tackle in Green Bay and hasn't exactly dominated at center.  Perhaps moving him to left tackle may be worth a shot.  Bitonio almost seems like he was made to be a left tackle, though, and wouldn't be surprised if he was better there than guard.

Archived