Giants OG Zach Fulton opts to retire (joining fellow 2021 NYG signees LB Todd Davis & OL Joe Looney)

TheKillerNacho

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/06/zach-fulton-tells-giants-hes-retiring/

Just days after Joe Looney (despite himself only signing days before) & Todd Davis retired, another 2021 Giants signee, Zach Fulton, has announced that he's calling it quits. This retirement is much more problematic for the Giants, however, as Fulton was expected to compete for a starting roster spot after starting for three  years with the Texans.

The Giants are now very light on OL depth and one has to wonder what is going on there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I know we all laughed at Kelvin Benjamin, but the more guys that choose to retire from the Giants camp, the more his words hold weight on what he said about Joe Judge. Hard to see him staying with the team past this year if he doesn't reach the playoffs.

What did he say? That he doesnt want to play in the NFL for a coach that treats it like High School 2-A-Days?

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I know we all laughed at Kelvin Benjamin, but the more guys that choose to retire from the Giants camp, the more his words hold weight on what he said about Joe Judge. Hard to see him staying with the team past this year if he doesn't reach the playoffs.

Same thing was happening to the Raiders 3 players and Niners just had one of there bubble Dline retire. Wonder if we will see more bubble vets retire. Seems like a trend is starting.

Edited by 49erurtaza

44 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

What did he say? That he doesnt want to play in the NFL for a coach that treats it like High School 2-A-Days?

He said Judge hated him before he ever met him and never gave him a chance. Gettleman drafted Benjamin so he was essentially forced on Judge this go around.

11 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

At first glance I thought Kelvin Benjamin got name dropped cause a job just opened up for him lol

• Like 1