Who is your 2021 Browns Breakout Player?!

brownie man

I’m going to say 

Jedrick Wills.

He came up in another thread and it got me thinking about the topic. 

I’m going to say he will be our breakout player. I think he’ll have a pro bowl year if he stays healthy.

Coming back with an entire offseason and a full year of coaching along with being in the same position two years in a row after switching sides. Being able to go up against Garrett and Clowney daily. I think he’s going to have a dominate year. 

Second place would be Greg Newsome. He’s going into this year what Jed went into last year. A secondary that has 4/5 settled and he just has to be that 5th piece. He’ll have a lot of support with Ward, JJ3, Ronnie, and either Ward or Greedy. He can play within the defense and show his talent. 

Offensively I’m not sure anyone has a “break out” year.  Touches will be limited to everyone as we’re gonna spread it around and anyone who might put up decent numbers is already pretty well established.  Wills becoming a high level starter wouldn’t really be a “breakout” to me, it’s kind of an expectation for a top 10 pick.

If I had to guess, I’d bet on it being a linebacker.  If our DB’s stay health and our DL keeps improving, they could look much improved over last season just because of the improved talent around them.

I'm going opposite here......I have two players I'm betting on this year....and by breakout I mean establish themselves as NFL players, and both play a crucial role when we have injuries during the season.....Both on Defense.

#1 Curtis Weaver....I remember him at Boise State, this kid was an absolute WRECKING ball, he reminded me of a Bigger, Stronger version of Demarcus Lawrence (also a boise st. alum). I think he comes in and takes Takk Mckinnley spot.....(finishes the year with 7.5 sacks)

#2 A.J. Green, last years UDFA darling, signing the richest deal ever (before Marvin Wilson this year). He was a 4 year player and 3 year starter in a very pass happy conference. Looking at his old highlights at Okla st., he was a very veteran smooth type cb...and one of his highlight Int's comes against a certain QB from Oklahoma....(plays solid in relief 31 tkls, 2 int's, 1 FF, 2 FR and 8 PD's)

I think its gonna take everyone on Defense to make it happen this year.....

giphy.gif

Edited by DaWg_LB.

3 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Baker isn't quirky enough to be Floki.

he also has more moxie (cockyness at least) than Bjorn

Myles is Floki
Jarvis is Bjorn

Baker has to be Ragnar, id imagine, if we were to trying to cast them to the series.

Baker is Lagertha. Cocky, strong willed, chip on the shoulder, makes it their life’s mission to prove their status.

• Like 1