Who is your 2021 Browns Breakout Player?!

brownie man

2 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Baker isn't quirky enough to be Floki.

he also has more moxie (cockyness at least) than Bjorn

Myles is Floki
Jarvis is Bjorn

Baker has to be Ragnar, id imagine, if we were to trying to cast them to the series.

I would cast Nick Cubb as Rollo.....and John Johnson III as the Seer....

Given the positive effect this system has had on QBs, it’s going to be Baker.

I predict 35+ TDs, but 4000+ yards, and under 15 INTs. @Thomas5737 and me talked about this before, but I hope his % is hovering around 65, but if his AYA, that’s not a big deal.

I need a QB capable of making tough big time throws. Not a QB worried about protecting his stats. Which is why AYA is a big deal.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

In my mind, a breakout player is someone who was here last year and really steps it up.

Newsome and JOK are givens based on where they were drafted.

DPJ is an obvious choice as his play is getting national recognition.

I have read/heard a lot of good about Harrison Bryant.

Same with Jordan Elliot.

But, rather than lumping the LBs together as beneficiaries of better DL play, I am going to say Jacob Phillips, with the seemingly necessary "if healthy" caveat that fits too many (imo) players on this team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Given the positive effect this system has had on QBs, it’s going to be Baker.

I predict 35+ TDs, but 4000+ yards, and under 15 INTs. @Thomas5737 and me talked about this before, but I hope his % is hovering around 65, but if his AYA, that’s not a big deal.

I need a QB capable of making tough big time throws. Not a QB worried about protecting his stats. Which is why AYA is a big deal.

I agree and you can do it many ways. You can pass for 70% like Brees or Cousins and be very effective while being towards the bottom in AYA or you can be like Baker the first half of the year and throw downfield more than anybody. Now Baker did start throwing a lot more short passes in the 2nd half and it showed with his completion percentage and he also fared well statistically at that time so he could be a 65-70% completion guy it just depends on what the defense gives him and the ability of his receivers to get open, that isn't their best quality. Our guys find holes and that is great but they aren't great at beating guys, DPJ may be the exception.

6 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Gonna go a little off the wall here, but I think Ronnie Harrison is going to be in position to make a ton of plays as our third safety. Wouldn’t be shocked if he sees a lot more early playing time than JOK as our multi level defender. 

If he can ever stay healthy…

On 8/13/2021 at 8:23 AM, malibuspeedrace said:

Baker isn't quirky enough to be Floki.

he also has more moxie (cockyness at least) than Bjorn

Myles is Floki
Jarvis is Bjorn

Baker has to be Ragnar, id imagine, if we were to trying to cast them to the series.

e823bda306d14560e5f93973519e32d85992a2ca

Spoiler

Y'all talking gibberish

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Gonna go a little off the wall here, but I think Ronnie Harrison is going to be in position to make a ton of plays as our third safety. Wouldn’t be shocked if he sees a lot more early playing time than JOK as our multi level defender. 

You’re right imo

I think Ronnie will deserve an extension with his play this season.