Dion Lewis retires

biggie.

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

source on this? becuase if so this is hilarious

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2804443-nfl-trade-rumors-derrick-henry-shopped-by-titans-before-trade-deadline

crazy thing is henry had been so unremarkable up to that point that i don't think most fans would've had too much of an issue with it. i remember the collective reaction was basically "meh." absolutely wild to think about now

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

source on this? becuase if so this is hilarious

I played in a 12 team money league and Derrick Henry got dropped twice that season (once by yours truly). He looked like an end of the road Brandon Jacobs and that’s no lie. I ended up still winning the league in spite of him absolutely going off at the very end of the season. 

Belichick was right in not paying an injury prone 27 year old but at the same time you can't fault him for getting that money back then. If he is smart with it, it's enough for him and his family for decades.

He was very good in NE when he wasn't injured. Before that and after that not so much. 

He made 17 million and won a SB. Good career all things considered.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Danger said:

He whined in very ungraceful fashion about not starting over LeSean McCoy after Shady was coming off his best season if I recall correctly.

Ah I don’t remember that. A quick google didn’t return anything either.

He was a special teams contributor that was buried on the running back depth chart behind veterans LeSean McCoy and Ronnie Brown.

Lewis said he gained a lot from being able to serve as an apprentice to McCoy, a fellow former University of Pittsburgh running back.

“He helped me a lot my first two years. Being young, I was only 20 years old when I first got drafted,” Lewis explained. “I was just trying to learn the game of football and what it took to be a pro. I learned a lot from him and Ronnie Brown as well. He was there during my rookie year.”

He barely played with us and ended up getting traded for Acho from the Browns. I’m glad he was able to carve out a nice little career for himself.

Also, funnily enough I found out he was the one who pulled the fire alarm at the hotel that one offseason.