Around the League 2022

Bobby816

9 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah if the pass rush is where it needs to be that’s going to huge. If the offense can continue how it finished and improve based on the consistency around Zach and his growth we can compete with anyone. We ended the season strong on the field. Hopefully it sparks a strong start next year. 

I'm thinking more of our defense being top 10 vs the run or pass. We have to make the division rivals limited if we want a chance. If we're bad in all areas again,  Wilson will have to score 40 for a chance to win. I'll never let go of Duke Johnson running all over us. 

Offense,  I feel good about.  They never had the chance to play together last season,  young players that will get better,  improved oline, and a great scheme. Not so much on defense.  

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm thinking more of our defense being top 10 vs the run or pass. We have to make the division rivals limited if we want a chance. If we're bad in all areas again,  Wilson will have to score 40 for a chance to win. I'll never let go of Duke Johnson running all over us. 

Offense,  I feel good about.  They never had the chance to play together last season,  young players that will get better,  improved oline, and a great scheme. Not so much on defense.  

I feel good about neither. And that’s not me being pessimistic. It’s just that we actually were one of the worst offenses and defenses in the league.

56 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I feel good about neither. And that’s not me being pessimistic. It’s just that we actually were one of the worst offenses and defenses in the league.

Lawson-Q-T. Jones-Thib

Huff-Rankins-Marshall-JFM

That would have me way more optimistic about our defense.

38 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Lawson-Q-T. Jones-Thib

Huff-Rankins-Marshall-JFM

That would have me way more optimistic about our defense.

For sure… but how are we scoring points to beat teams like BUF, MIA, KC, LAC, LV, DEN, TEN, CIN, BAL, etc?

On a good day you’re holding those teams under 28. But how are we scoring 28?

49 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You obviously don’t count on Wilson taking that leap this year. Understandable until otherwise proven, so all we have is hope. It sucks, I know but there really is not a whole lot more that can be done on O. It all comes down to Wilson. Even if we got Hill, it would still all come down to Zach. If he can’t deliver an accurate, on time pass it won’t matter who the receivers are.

I choose to be optimistic. 

7 minutes ago, xrade said:

You obviously don’t count on Wilson taking that leap this year. Understandable until otherwise proven, so all we have is hope. It sucks, I know but there really is not a whole lot more that can be done on O. It all comes down to Wilson. Even if we got Hill, it would still all come down to Zach. If he can’t deliver an accurate, on time pass it won’t matter who the receivers are.

I choose to be optimistic. 

We add a legit outside WR and the excuses really aren’t there for Wilson. Last year it was bc he was a rookie and his weapons weren’t available to finish the year when he looked better. OL got better. Carter showed he’s legit. Added 2 TEs. We can add another WR and now we have 4 guys that can really help. The excuses are done.

Ya he’s still just a 2nd year guy…. But we haven’t helped a young QB like this on offense since Sanchez. And we were fooled to let them all go after 2-3 years. This team is luckily built mostly through the draft, so luckily that won’t really happen.

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We add a legit outside WR and the excuses really aren’t there for Wilson

I don’t think there are any excuses even if we don’t add a legit WR. We have a capable if not really good OL, TE duo. The RB’s should be able to expand upon their 13th ranked YPC. The WR, while not earth shattering, are better than we have had in a while and should get even better before the season. LaFleur has shown that he is willing to alter things mid season if they aren’t working ie, decent OC.

If Zach can’t show marked improvement, then it is on him. I think he will. We may not have a stellar W-L record, but I do expect that we are not embarrassed on the field. I expect that no future FA or trade candidate is going to give a smart-*** answer like “who?” when talking about the Jets.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

For sure… but how are we scoring points to beat teams like BUF, MIA, KC, LAC, LV, DEN, TEN, CIN, BAL, etc?

Adding Tomlinson and the two TEs alone is a monster upgrade to last season.  That's how bad our personnel was.

I think a year's experience for the rookies, healthy Moore, Davis and Carter, plus another top rookie WR we will be competitive.  

Defense wise if we are able to land a top edge rusher then that should be a huge upgrade along with Lawson, Reed and Whitehead.  We shouldn't be giving up 28 per game again.  We may actually create turnovers too.

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Between Metcalf and the AJ Brown tweets, I'm not getting my hopes up but it would be nice to get Metcalf. 

Give them 10 straight up for DK. Guanrateed pretty much better than any guy we’d get at 10… so who cares. And sign him long term as well (he’s a FA next year).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Give them 10 straight up for DK. Guanrateed pretty much better than any guy we’d get at 10… so who cares. And sign him long term as well (he’s a FA next year).

That would be fair compensation, but I get the feeling JD will not part with a first and will talk them into our 35 and 68 with a fifth coming back to us.