Preseason Week 2: Patriots @ Eagles

TheRealMcCoy

Was rewatching a litttle of the 1st half. Liked how Edwards and Singleton played.

Also, I don't understand why the Patriots kept running it the whole time that last TD drive. Ross Tucker even chimed like "it would be more beneficial to let Mac throw and get some red zone reps than run it against the Eagles 3rd string DL" and I was thinking like yeah wtf lol. I guess since Belichick figures he's going with Cam and that running the ball is what they are gonna do a lot of what they do that they go with that. I just thought it was weird not to let him even get one attempt off.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

True lol. I don’t get why we have to wear the all whites at home for preseason. Midnight is reserved for regular season?

I ask myself that every year. Now I have been conditioned to think that every time I see the Eagles in all white they play like crap. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Was rewatching a litttle of the 1st half. Liked how Edwards and Singleton played.

Also, I don't understand why the Patriots kept running it the whole time that last TD drive. Ross Tucker even chimed like "it would be more beneficial to let Mac throw and get some red zone reps than run it against the Eagles 3rd string DL" and I was thinking like yeah wtf lol. I guess since Belichick figures he's going with Cam and that running the ball is what they are gonna do a lot of what they do that they go with that. I just thought it was weird not to let him even get one attempt off.

Duuuude did you see how gassed Singleton was? dude comes back from Covid like 2 weeks ago and is playing full speed for like 2 quarters.

Once again, we were unable to really grade out our WRs. Elijah Holyfield played like he's trying to win a spot. Nick Mullins got an awful tipped INT. Otherwise, that drive looked "semi promising". Herbig is still playing like he's 330. Matt Pryor still sucks lol. Sirianni definitely showed a lot of running plays last night. Not sure if it was reactionary because Mullins and that OL could not pass block or he intended to test the backup RBs.

As for the D; Genard Avery gave us a glimpse at what this SAM/JOKER hybrid position will look like. I am excited to see how he grows into that position. I always love when tweeners find a role on their teams. I am glad to see Matt Leo get on the field purely from a development perspective. He might not turn out to be anything but it is still great to get more non-US born athletes onto the field. Shaun Bradley and Davion Taylor were getting manhandled by the OL whenever the linemen were getting off their blocks and going to the second level. I did like seeing Davion's speed on some of those outside runs but still needs to get better at tackling lower or wrapping up better. Shaun Bradley looked like the only other person out there making tackles. Maybe Elijah Riley sneaks onto the 53 as a 4th safety unless McLeod is expected to be on the active roster come week 1.