Preseason Week 2: Patriots @ Eagles

TheRealMcCoy

15 minutes ago, oland11 said:

Davion Taylor were getting manhandled by the OL whenever the linemen were getting off their blocks and going to the second level. I did like seeing Davion's speed on some of those outside runs but still needs to get better at tackling lower or wrapping up better.

Bruh……

Davion Taylor didn’t play at all last night. He’s still injured. He hasn’t even returned to practice yet. He’s still week to week with the calf. 

Who you are likely talking about is Rashad Smith who isn’t making the team. He’s our lightest LB, so that isn’t surprising. He struggled getting off blocks against Pittsburgh and missed tackles too. Didn’t really pay much attention to him this game cause I was zoned out by the second half and after the first game I already wrote him off as not making the roster.

38 minutes ago, oland11 said:

Duuuude did you see how gassed Singleton was? dude comes back from Covid like 2 weeks ago and is playing full speed for like 2 quarters.

I think that’s pretty normal. Guys during the season last year that got COVID weren’t quite the same as soon as they got back. He said he was trying to workout in his apartment before he got back, but obviously that’s not the same. Hopefully by week  1 his conditioning will be up. He has a little over 3 weeks till then, so he should be fine.

33 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Bruh……

Davion Taylor didn’t play at all last night. He’s still injured. He hasn’t even returned to practice yet. He’s still week to week with the calf. 

Who you are likely talking about is Rashad Smith who isn’t making the team. He’s our lightest LB, so that isn’t surprising. He struggled getting off blocks against Pittsburgh and missed tackles too. Didn’t really pay much attention to him this game cause I was zoned out by the second half and after the first game I already wrote him off as not making the roster.

Yeah I was gonna say uhh Taylor played? Was about to be let down even more than I already am with him lol

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Bruh……

Wow I totally could’ve sworn I read Taylor on 53’s jersey and not Smith. 🤦‍♀️ Forgive me. I wear contacts for a reason. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oland11 said:

Wow I totally could’ve sworn I read Taylor on 53’s jersey and not Smith. 🤦‍♀️ Forgive me. I wear contacts for a reason. 

It’s all good I know everyone here doesn’t pay attention to training camp injury reports/news like me. Also, I can’t see the tv without glasses, so we’re in the same boat. 😅

I put a lot of energy into being able to watch this game last night, and what a letdown. Legit recorded it bc I had to go to an event until like 11, so I didn't check my phone all night so I didn't spoil it, stayed up late to watch most of it, and couldn't have been much more disappointed. Guess that's what I get for obsessing over the Eagles.

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I put a lot of energy into being able to watch this game last night, and what a letdown. Legit recorded it bc I had to go to an event until like 11, so I didn't check my phone all night so I didn't spoil it, stayed up late to watch most of it, and couldn't have been much more disappointed. Guess that's what I get for obsessing over the Eagles.

I don't understand why you would go to these lengths for a preseason game. At some point we need to realize that preseason is an absolute joke. The games suck, the product sucks, it's boring as hell to watch. 

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I don't understand why you would go to these lengths for a preseason game. At some point we need to realize that preseason is an absolute joke. The games suck, the product sucks, it's boring as hell to watch. 

As soon as Hurts didn't play there was basically no reason to watch the game lol. I completely tuned out after DeVonta's first catch.

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I wanted to watch Hurts and the young WR. It's Eagles football. Arguably my favorite thing in the world. 

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I wanted to watch Hurts and the young WR. It's Eagles football. Arguably my favorite thing in the world. 

Also my favorite thing to watch but I would never go out of my way to watch a preseason game. Preseason has been garbage for years - so much meaningless crap to dig through. 

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Also my favorite thing to watch but I would never go out of my way to watch a preseason game. Preseason has been garbage for years - so much meaningless crap to dig through. 

It is meaningless but I'm starved for Eagles football at this point and it's a few crumbs to hold me over.

Sure DeVonta Smith had a few drops in that game which were surprising but he is one hell of a route runner and could do some awesome things in the NFL if he can stay healthy.  Arguably what the best route runner on the team and he just started playing in the NFL.  

Still is kind of nuts of the lack in development of JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Hakeem Butler could also be included in that as well.  Both disappointing receivers especially Arcega-Whiteside.  The lack of route running for both is a big issue for them each.

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sure DeVonta Smith had a few drops in that game which were surprising but he is one hell of a route runner and could do some awesome things in the NFL if he can stay healthy.  Arguably what the best route runner on the team and he just started playing in the NFL.  

Still is kind of nuts of the lack in development of JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Hakeem Butler could also be included in that as well.  Both disappointing receivers especially Arcega-Whiteside.  The lack of route running for both is a big issue for them each.

The ones I saw weren't drops but just horribly thrown behind him.