Minshew TRADED to the Eagles

Sad People

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

They should have been able to get more for him. 

Facts. Urban Meyer really hyped him up throughout training camp, claiming that he was looking so good at practice he might even start over the #1 overall pick and most hyped QB prospect to enter the league since Andrew Luck. All of that for a 6th round pick?

47 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He ran like a top level dual threat QB and he has a legit NFL arm.

He dominated at 2 different colleges.

He's looked fantastic in camp and scrimmages this summer.

I guess you could ignore all that and stick with the cold take guys that hate him because they thought he should have been drafted in round 3 or 4?

Sounds like you’re guilty of the same thing for the contrary.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Sounds like you’re guilty of the same thing for the contrary.

Check out some fantasy drafts or previews to see if he's considered a dual threat QB.

Or you know, just look at the numbers.

Read anything from reporters on scene for Eagles, Patriots, or Jets this summer.

Watch the Saints game again.

I'm guilty of observing reality. It does not mean he will thrive but it does mean his draft scouting is meaningless right now.

People who hate him as a QB are basing it on some really lame data.

23 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Don Strock III

Lmao. But in reality he may be a Fitzpatrick clone. 

Fitzpatrick's last 2 seasons in Miami (24 games): 5,620 yards (64% comp), 33 TD, 21 INT

Minshew's last 2 seasons in Jacksonville (23 games): 5,530 yards (63% comp), 37 TD, 11 INT

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/31998529/love-hate-no-regrets-life-fantasy-football

Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia Eagles: Blind résumé time.

Player A: 19.4 fantasy PPG, 165.3 pass YPG, 72.8 rush YPG
Player B: 23.0 fantasy PPG, 229.8 pass YPG, 68.0 rush YPG

Fairly similar, right? You'd rather have Player B, obviously, but it's within the same ballpark. Well, Player B is Jalen Hurts in the four games he was a starter as a rookie last season. Player A represents Lamar Jackson's final four games he started as a rookie in 2018; you know, before he won the MVP (and everyone's fantasy league for them) in 2019.

I'm not saying Hurts is going to be the MVP of the NFL or fantasy this year, but I am saying that barring some monster trade, Hurts is gonna be a fantasy rock star this season. People will point to his brutal completion rate (51.9%) in those four starts, but you know what Josh Allen's completion percentage was in his rookie season? 52.8%. Nearly one-quarter of Hurts' passes in those four starts traveled 15-plus yards downfield, so given that plus a new coaching staff, improved pass-catchers and a preseason in which Hurts knows he's the guy and will get the majority of first team reps, I'm all-in on Hurts this season. He is currently coming off the board as QB12, but I have him locked inside my top 10 and see him as a legitimate breakout candidate in 2021.

vs.

Taking the John Cleese role from the argument sketch. (COLD TAKE)

Just now, ///mcompact said:

Because it gets a reaction! 

Seriously, I'd rather have Minshew, Mullen or Flacco over the backups we have in Dallas.

I will tell you this.

If Hurts plays well, gets hurt, and Minshew wins the Super Bowl... We are sticking with the backup this time!

(I'm not rushing off to Vegas to bet on this)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lmao. But in reality he may be a Fitzpatrick clone. 

Fitzpatrick's last 2 seasons in Miami (24 games): 5,620 yards (64% comp), 33 TD, 21 INT

Minshew's last 2 seasons in Jacksonville (23 games): 5,530 yards (63% comp), 37 TD, 11 INT

He has the ability to develop into that. They do have similar styles. But frankly, Minshew's numbers are much emptier than you'd think based on a surface-level analysis. I watched All-22 of him to see how good he is after the 2020 season and wasn't impressed. Seems like a high-level backup. Could potentially develop into a fringe starter like Fitzpatrick.

47 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/31998529/love-hate-no-regrets-life-fantasy-football

Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia Eagles: Blind résumé time.

Player A: 19.4 fantasy PPG, 165.3 pass YPG, 72.8 rush YPG
Player B: 23.0 fantasy PPG, 229.8 pass YPG, 68.0 rush YPG

Fairly similar, right? You'd rather have Player B, obviously, but it's within the same ballpark. Well, Player B is Jalen Hurts in the four games he was a starter as a rookie last season. Player A represents Lamar Jackson's final four games he started as a rookie in 2018; you know, before he won the MVP (and everyone's fantasy league for them) in 2019.

I'm not saying Hurts is going to be the MVP of the NFL or fantasy this year, but I am saying that barring some monster trade, Hurts is gonna be a fantasy rock star this season. People will point to his brutal completion rate (51.9%) in those four starts, but you know what Josh Allen's completion percentage was in his rookie season? 52.8%. Nearly one-quarter of Hurts' passes in those four starts traveled 15-plus yards downfield, so given that plus a new coaching staff, improved pass-catchers and a preseason in which Hurts knows he's the guy and will get the majority of first team reps, I'm all-in on Hurts this season. He is currently coming off the board as QB12, but I have him locked inside my top 10 and see him as a legitimate breakout candidate in 2021.

vs.

Taking the John Cleese role from the argument sketch. (COLD TAKE)

This doesnt prove your point at all. Look at these mediocre numbers, one of those players got better! How in God's name does that serve as evidence that Hurts will follow suit even remotely? Everyone has the opportunity to get better. I could probably find you early Tom Brady numbers that match up with early Jamarcus Russel numbers. 

EDIT: I did it

Final games of both players first year starting. Which one is Tom and which is Russel?

Player A: 74.19% completion 224 yards 1 TD 1 INT 91.3 rating

Player B: 58.62% completion 198 yards 1 TD 2 INT 62.1 rating

One of these players improved rapidly and was named SB MVP just 2 months later! OMGERDS. 

• Like 1

Of the 5 to 10 or so humans to ever play NFL QB and post a greater than 3 to 1 TD to INT ratio after 500+ completions, Minshew is the worst.

The others are Rodgers, Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, and Brady. (this is an impressive statistic and not a declaration of greatness)

He's got a 90+ passer rating in 14 of his 26 career games.

I accept that he has a fumbling problem that rivals Daniel Jones but that can probably be coached out of him.

Both guys fumbled less but still too often in year 2.

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This doesnt prove your point at all. Look at these mediocre numbers, one of those players got better! How in God's name does that serve as evidence that Hurts will follow suit even remotely? Everyone has the opportunity to get better. I could probably find you early Tom Brady numbers that match up with early Jamarcus Russel numbers. 

EDIT: I did it

Final games of both players first year starting. Which one is Tom and which is Russel?

Player A: 74.19% completion 224 yards 1 TD 1 INT 91.3 rating

Player B: 58.62% completion 198 yards 1 TD 2 INT 62.1 rating

One of these players improved rapidly and was named SB MVP just 2 months later! OMGERDS. 

There are reasons to not just randomly hate Jalen Hurts.

People not getting that has become very boring.

Hold tight to the cold take all year long. Embroider it on your pillow if it makes you sleep better.

Edited by SkippyX

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

There are reasons to not just randomly hate Jalen Hurts.

You not getting that has become very boring.

first off, that was probably my third ever post about Jalen Hurts. 

Second, pretty sure I have never hated Hurts. I have  a pair of retaliatory posts to Eagles fans who ished on Mac Jones on my record but that is about it. 

Third, your post proved absolutely nothing about Hurts. Sorry not sorry. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

first off, that was probably my third ever post about Jalen Hurts. 

Second, pretty sure I have never hated Hurts. I have  a pair of retaliatory posts to Eagles fans who ished on Mac Jones on my record but that is about it. 

Third, your post proved absolutely nothing about Hurts. Sorry not sorry. 

Mac Jones looks good in camp so far (actual reality so far being more important than a draft preview). Hurts outplayed him convincingly in joint practices. (look at me using actual reality again!) The hate on Mac Jones was pretty specific that he did not belong as a top 5 pick in this QB class. (at least in my case) Kyle Shanahan brought that hate on him with all the cloak and dagger I love Mac stuff. No one else traded ahead of 15 to take Jones. Belichick and Saban are close and Bill was convinced Jones could be his guy so if he went 15 when I thought 24 then I will trust Bill on that.

I did not think Hurts deserved to be drafted late in round 1 like Jones, so bully for Mac Jones who I thought was a late first round pick!

Nothing proves anything on here. We all have opinions. We are all right sometimes and wrong often. I just think writing off Hurts at this point is an extreme cold take.

Congrats on your retaliatory post. Do you put stickers on your helmet like the buckeyes on the Ohio State helmets for every gotcha that you think scores some imaginary points?

Edited by SkippyX

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:
11 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Still cant believe they made statues for those 2 hahah I get it they finally one their first SB something the Vikings havent sniffed in forever but gosh darn statues are meant for the Kobe Bryants, King James, TB12s of the world, Not Nick Foles and Doug Pederson.

It was commissioned by Bud Light or something. It’s an ode to the super bowl for sure but everyone here doesn’t revere it was some special commemoration of those guys. It’s more cheeky than anything else. At least that’s what we told Wentz. 

Yeah it was a gift from Bud light because of the whole Philly Philly = Dilly Dilly thing really went off for them.
Plus Lane prior to the season said he'd buy beer for everyone in the city when they one and Bud Light jumped on it.

So it was mostly them just getting in on the action do to our love of statues.

It's an anecdote that will be lost to history I'm sure unless they move it somewhere more lowkey.

• Like 1