Let's talk Bubble Guys

HuskieBear

16 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Cohen is on PUP, so he either needs to be activated off of that, be on the 53, THEN put on IR to come back in 3 weeks, or he could just stay on PUP, not count towards the initial 53, and come back after 6 weeks. If he's not gonna be completely ready by week 4, then there's no need to activate him, just let him stay on PUP for another couple weeks.

This is another reason why jenkins being hurt all season but not on PUP is a bigger issue. we need to carry him on the initial 53 before we can put him on IR. he's def not gonna be back within 3 weeks. he never practiced, even day one, so he should have been put on PUP to start camp, then he could have been taken off at any point during TC if he was ready. 

If they want to do that Cohen that OK too.

As for Jenkins let's just say that phuc began long before camp by not realizing what we might be dealing with.  That's the Bears.  Always doin' it the hard way and never learning from past mistakes.  They feature talent and dysfunction in equal measures.

3 hours ago, soulman said:

As for Jenkins let's just say that phuc began long before camp by not realizing what we might be dealing with.  That's the Bears.  Always doin' it the hard way and never learning from past mistakes.  They feature talent and dysfunction in equal measures.

I don't think Jenkins' problem was pre-draft. I believe it was something that happened after he became a Bear. 

It doesn't matter, though. Even if I'm wrong about that and he already had an issue, it was well worth a second round pick to see if he could get it sorted, medically. 

• Like 1

I won't go over every position but:

-Keep Snowden-OLB, even if he has to be an inactive.

-Kamara-Edge/DL is my top priority for Practice Squad. I'd honestly prefer him to Quinn right now even, but $$..

-Keep Horstead as the #4 TE.... I know we're tight on roster slots, but I like him more than I like most of the WRs

-If we keep 5 WR, Dazz Newsome.... if we keep 6, Adams.... That said, neither "earned" a roster slot. I'd be ok with practice squad-ing both.

-The OL is garbage, and I think we end up with AT LEAST 3 different starters by mid season than what we showed last night..... Jenkins if he comes back, Borom will be starting OT sooner rather than later.... Mustipher has been a complete bum so far this year, and he was a sub par fill in last year..... and honestly neither Whitehair or Daniels have shown to me they're stout enough to be our starting OG. It's the same problems every year where we can't run the damn ball when and where we want to run the damn ball according to the play design.

-Only keeping Monty, Williams, Herbert at RB.... Cohen will be IR to hopefully return, but my feeling there is he isn't back this year at all.

-Jaylon Johnson isn't a #1 corner.... and none of the other guys are valid #2s. 

-That said, I still want to focus waiver claims towards OL and WR help first over corners, even if Corners are more depleted.... Why? Because this season to me, is entirely about helping Fields..... and that means having a running game that doesn't suck, and protection that doesn't get him killed, followed by WR who can play to his strengths.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't think Jenkins' problem was pre-draft. I believe it was something that happened after he became a Bear. 

It doesn't matter, though. Even if I'm wrong about that and he already had an issue, it was well worth a second round pick to see if he could get it sorted, medically. 

Heinz, how can we say that when the entire NFL world seemed to know that Jenkins had multiple back injuries in college?

I can tell you from personal experience that new back issues don't suddenly appear on their own.  They're more typically associated with a previous injury or an extension of it.  Soft tissue damage is the worst.  It will be with you in some fashion forever.

I played golf and skied many times after back injuries I had but eventually the accumulation of them caught up with me and ended both.  I can't even play a three hour band gig any longer without wearing a back brace.  Any back injury is serious so I refuse to downplay them.

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

I won't go over every position but:

-Keep Snowden-OLB, even if he has to be an inactive.

-Kamara-Edge/DL is my top priority for Practice Squad. I'd honestly prefer him to Quinn right now even, but $$..

-Keep Horstead as the #4 TE.... I know we're tight on roster slots, but I like him more than I like most of the WRs

-If we keep 5 WR, Dazz Newsome.... if we keep 6, Adams.... That said, neither "earned" a roster slot. I'd be ok with practice squad-ing both.

-The OL is garbage, and I think we end up with AT LEAST 3 different starters by mid season than what we showed last night..... Jenkins if he comes back, Borom will be starting OT sooner rather than later.... Mustipher has been a complete bum so far this year, and he was a sub par fill in last year..... and honestly neither Whitehair or Daniels have shown to me they're stout enough to be our starting OG. It's the same problems every year where we can't run the damn ball when and where we want to run the damn ball according to the play design.

-Only keeping Monty, Williams, Herbert at RB.... Cohen will be IR to hopefully return, but my feeling there is he isn't back this year at all.

-Jaylon Johnson isn't a #1 corner.... and none of the other guys are valid #2s. 

-That said, I still want to focus waiver claims towards OL and WR help first over corners, even if Corners are more depleted.... Why? Because this season to me, is entirely about helping Fields..... and that means having a running game that doesn't suck, and protection that doesn't get him killed, followed by WR who can play to his strengths.

Agree on all counts. Holtz was so disappointing that I have Horsted above him even before the last 2 weeks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Herbert is the KR for sure but he hasn’t gotten any PR reps at all from anything I’ve read. Certainly not in any of the preseason games. 

Does Tabor have a say? Haven't heard anything about him all off season.

Edited by The_Romen
Him being Tabor

Our CB group is bad. 

Horsted should make the team as he is our most athletic TE.

Bars is a lock to make the team. He can backup everywhere and it would not shock me if he took the C job before the end of the season.

Quinn is a blackhole of reps and money.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Our CB group is bad. 

Horsted should make the team as he is our most athletic TE.

Bars is a lock to make the team. He can backup everywhere and it would not shock me if he took the C job before the end of the season.

Quinn is a blackhole of reps and money.

CB group is bad.  

They are a Jaylon Johnson injury from being abysmal - and he has a shoulder duct taped together.   Burns is only one with athletic ability to play in NFL aside from Johnson it seems and he is inconsistent.  

Horsted, if used properly, can be a good player in this league.  Yes he has size, strength limitations, but you have to factor that in and none of Bears TEs Y, U, LGBTQ+, whatever, have been particularly effective blockers in any event.  

Been saying it for 2 years now and saw potential in his first year.  

Bars may be our starting LT by end of season LOL.   Not even kidding.

Quinn seems to have done the classic get paid one last time in FA and lay down move.   We'll see.  I also blame Bears for badly misusing him.   

Bears actually have a decent paper roster IF everything goes right healthwise and they are well coached.

Too many IFs and too hard a schedule for everything to go right.   I predict things go really sideways unless Fields plays a lot of hero ball and lifts all boats.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

CB group is bad.  

They are a Jaylon Johnson injury from being abysmal - and he has a shoulder duct taped together.   Burns is only one with athletic ability to play in NFL aside from Johnson it seems and he is inconsistent.  

Amen.  From the looks of it there's a good reason why guys like Shelley, Vildor, and Graham lasted 'til the middle rounds.  Each one seem to lacking something that can make him a good starting NFL CB.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Quinn seems to have done the classic get paid one last time in FA and lay down move.   We'll see.  I also blame Bears for badly misusing him.   

I would trade Quinn for a CB in a NY minute.  He will never work out here playing as an OLB and never should have been signed to begin with.

15 minutes ago, soulman said:

I would trade Quinn for a CB in a NY minute.  He will never work out here playing as an OLB and never should have been signed to begin with.

No one would take it.  You can't trade expensive underperforming players.   You can only give them away for a conditional 7th rounder or something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

No one would take it.  You can't trade expensive underperforming players.   You can only give them away for a conditional 7th rounder or something.

Trade him to NE.  Belichick is always looking to unload someone in exchange for a rescue project.

6 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Did he miss a lot of time? I may be out the loop on that. 

Prior to last season I don't know.  Don't have that info.  But he did opt out of the final three games last season supposedly getting healthy again prior to the draft.  He was invited to the Senior Bowl but I don't know whether or not he played and if so how well.

While I do agree there is nothing in his scouting reports that relate to his injuries and that his grade should have made him a 1st round pick right about where we would initially have picked prior to the trade up for Fields IMHO there also had to be some reason why this kid fell into round 2.

Let's just say based on my own experience that I'm suspicious of the Bears saying this is a "new injury" seeing that it apparently took place after his participation in non-contact OTAs but prior to any contact practices in camp.  He wasn't being reported as being injured then all of a sudden he was.