The Raider Chopping Block 🪓

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

I see why Ragas was cut; they value Richard as a returner who is also a good 3rd down back. Ragas earned a spot but numbers game. I could see us trying to stash him or Emmons on the PS. Joseph was hurt and didn't earn many points in training campo. Remember we go based on a point system when a guy is on the bubble. where IS JimKelly, Nick Bowers made the team lol. He's actually big and athletic, I'll take him over Carrier. Only guy who I think sucks who made it was Peterman. wish we used that spot on something else.  

What is Drake then?  No reason to tie up that much money into backup RBs.  I would have kept Ragas sent Richard packing.

13 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

JB prolly thought he was going get a starting spot, but we are committed to the youth. Zay Jones prolly past him up with a strong camp too. he couldn't handle being the wr5

Based on the videos from camp it looks like he was outplayed by Willie Snead as well. 

15 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

What is Drake then?  No reason to tie up that much money into backup RBs.  I would have kept Ragas sent Richard packing.

Yeah we have $3M invested into Drake and $3.5M invested into Richard. In 23 games with the Cardinals Drake put up 1,900 yards and 18 TD. Richard only had 22 carries (19 receptions) last season, assuming Jacobs/Drake remain relatively healthy all season, I'd assume that Jacobs gets around 220 carries and Drake has around 180 carries in a 17 game season. Which will likely leave us with only 100 other rushing attempts for the rest of our roster, 30 of which will likely go to Carr. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah we have $3M invested into Drake and $3.5M invested into Richard. In 23 games with the Cardinals Drake put up 1,900 yards and 18 TD. Richard only had 22 carries (19 receptions) last season, assuming Jacobs/Drake remain relatively healthy all season, I'd assume that Jacobs gets around 220 carries and Drake has around 180 carries in a 17 game season. Which will likely leave us with only 100 other rushing attempts for the rest of our roster, 30 of which will likely go to Carr. 

My thing is if you’re paying a back that much as a back up and he’s that caliber as a caliber. Starter in the first rounder at rb. Then your third string shouldn’t matter

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

My thing is if you’re paying a back that much as a back up and he’s that caliber as a caliber. Starter in the first rounder at rb. Then your third string shouldn’t matter

Definitely. Jacobs and Drake are going to get all of the touches at RB, there was really no reason to keep Richard. 

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

There are so many players with huge upside that we only need 1⁄3 to hit and were playoff team

We really need some good play up the middle for the defense to play well.  If we have nothing there it will cause a ripple effect across the defense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I would have cut Richard right after we signed Drake. Drake is a better version of Richard, so he wouldn't have made it to camp if I was calling shots. Would have used that money on defense or OL

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

With McCoy , Kwiatkoski and Perryman we will be fine.

Surprisingly Perryman was the #2 LB in the NFL according to PFF. Think that he starts over Kwit at MLB with Littleton as our other starting LB since we'll be in nickel more often than not. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Surprisingly Perryman was the #2 LB in the NFL according to PFF. Think that he starts over Kwit at MLB with Littleton as our other starting LB since we'll be in nickel more often than not. 

That’s the thing he knows the system better than Kwit having played in it for years. Gus Bradley obviously liked him otherwise they would’ntve traded for him. His only issue is that he keeps getting hurt.