Cam Newton Released

SBLIII

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Watch the Dolphins trade for Watson, Tua go to Houston, and then Cam loses the QB starting battle to another Alabama QB in Tua, only to get cut again. That would actually be a lot of fun. Someone make this happen.

I still don't see how Miami can trade for Watson right now.

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

Guys before you throw teams out there for Cam's possible destination, just remember there was a stretch  last season where it took him three games to get to 150 combined yards through the air....

Yeah I mean personally I think Cam is just straight up done as a starter, but if he were to get one last shot, Denver IMO is the only team that kind of makes sense. Miami has Tua, WFT is definitely not going to happen because of Rivera's stance on unvaccinated players, and nobody else needs a washed up QB who is unvaccinated and has shoulder issues.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think Rivera would rather roll with Fitz and hope for the best vs. sign Cam and have to deal with COVID all season, potentially impacting the entire locker room or even Rivera himself.

I'd agree, but the WFT is a potential playoff team, THIS season, IF they have adequate QB play.

Those saying Denver; can Cam get the ball to Sutton, Jeudy, Fant and Hamler?

Those saying Dallas; can Cam get the ball to Lamb, Cooper and co?

I know our receiving corps was a trash pile fire last year, but you all saw the effort Cam had to put into every throw. We had to go heavy all the time and take receivers away from our formations. We'd have 6 OL, a TE, a FB, a RB....ya know

Are there any teams that predominantly use heavy and run it a lot? Would Cam and Henry on the same field be good?

Edited by Hunter2_1

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Rivera has passed on him twice now since being in Washington. That connection might just be done. 

Good call. Philly is my suggested landing spot b/c he can sit there long enough until they realize Hurts isnt' any good and then take over. Unless I'm not seeing something like you pointed out lol.

16 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I don't see where Cam has a home, unless he is backing up Prescott in Dallas?  Maybe??

I don't think anyone signs him.  Being unvaccinated alone makes you a liability, and is only worth it if you are a quality starter/superstar.  But the main thing is he is just cooked.  I hate to say it but he struggles to give you more than 1-2 good throws.  

Maybe he could start for the Texans but that doesn't make sense for either side.  Newton isn't that much better (if at all, at this point) than Tyrod Taylor, so the Texans should just stick with it, and it doesn't make sense for Newton because he'd probably end up getting hurt.  

I kind of hope he just retires.  But I could see him holding out in case a contender is desperate for a QB mid-season.  If Wentz gets hurt, then maybe the Colts would be a team to look out for.  Again though, he's cooked.  You'd be hoping for a lot.

Edited by iknowcool

2 minutes ago, Suffering_Bills said:

More so than Fitz, yes. I have to believe that is the case.

Cam started 15 games, threw 8 TDs all year and 13 picks

Ryan played 9 games and threw 13 TDs to 8 picks

Ryan had better receivers, sure, but Cam could barely throw the ball after the Seattle game