Cam Newton Released

SBLIII

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You mean to tell me Cam has not accepted his lord and savior?

As Cam said about vaccines... "That's a personal decision".

He's also friends with Deshaun Watson, IIRC. That's like being friends with the devil.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'll be interested to see how Mac does with live bullets flying and not playing against an umbrella Cover 4 defense. He's definitely looked the part in preseason, but half of these guys will be out of the league by 3:00 PM today. I can't fault the Patriots for going with the rookie, considering he's "pro ready" now. Mac has never struck me as the type that's going to get better on the sidelines holding a clipboard. I'm skeptical of his ability to consistently make intermediate throws, especially across the middle/in the seam, but who knows.

Yep. But I'm very happy they did this. Make the jump. He was the better player than Cam and he earned it.

He's been more pro ready than I thought. I had some major concerns about that for him. 

25 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Is Lamar Jackson a distraction too then?

Cam should get the vaccine but acting like he's some malcontent is taking it too far.  It isn't like he's spewing stupid crap like Beasley.  And by all accounts he's been a great teammate in New England.

It's crazy how this narrative that Cam is some distraction has lasted for so long, when literally the only teammate to ever speak ill of him is lazy Kelvin.  

Leave them man. Just a bunch of people who for their own dumb reasons don’t like Cam and this gives them an opportunity to get at it him. Nothing to see here.

• Like 3

So

- he's a liability in terms of unvax'd, he could have been made to sit at any week's notice and thereby torpedoing the specific game plan for that week

- He's missed a bit of practice because of the f up in the testing

- Mac's looked good

- The locker room love and respect him so it wouldn't work if the backup is more of a guy than the starter

Makes sense really. I don't think he was really a distraction for most of his time here. Just this Vaccination issue, can't think of any others

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Could see him in Washington, Philly, Miami, or Denver

What could he possibly offer Miami? 

Id rather Reid Sinnett who would be our 3rd QB take meaningful snaps for Miami than Newton at this point. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Watch the Dolphins trade for Watson, Tua go to Houston, and then Cam loses the QB starting battle to another Alabama QB in Tua, only to get cut again. That would actually be a lot of fun. Someone make this happen.

No Watson...that move would be weaker than Cam's throwing arm.