Cam Newton Released

SBLIII

Cam has always been a distraction.

Look at me I'm Super Man when scoring a 4th quarter TD when down 28 points.

Dressing like a clown at pressers.

His horrific behavior at the Super Bowl  (fumble fear and press conference tantrum)

Insulting women who cover football

2 more issues this week

His play far outweighed the drama in the past. That does not last forever.

To be clear lots of coaches have a higher tolerance bar than Belichick so he might get another job real soon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

the results speak for themselves, man

he's cut for a reason

So every player who is ever cut is a distraction?  That doesn't even make sense.

He likely got released because he's unvaccinated and the Patriots don't want their back-up QB to be a liability in that regard, just as teams don't want coaches to be liabilities in that regard either.  And it is possible Cam just didn't want to be there if he wasn't going to start.

And I 100% believe everyone should be vaccinated, but being unvaccinated does not make you a distraction.  By all accounts Newton was a great teammate there and he was always publicly supportive of Mac Jones.  And yet for people to act like he was just causing a ruckus up there?  Completely unfounded. 

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

So every player who is ever cut is a distraction?  That doesn't even make sense.

I agree, this takeaway from my post doesn't even make sense. I didn't remotely come close to saying or implying this whatsoever.

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

He likely got released because he's unvaccinated and the Patriots don't want their back-up QB to be a liability in that regard, just as teams don't want coaches to be liabilities in that regard either.  

Correct. He's distracting from winning football because of that.

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

And I 100% believe everyone should be vaccinated

Same

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

but being unvaccinated does not make you a distraction

In the NFL, it does.

Just now, incognito_man said:

I agree, this takeaway from my post doesn't even make sense. I didn't remotely come close to saying or implying this whatsoever.

Because my post was about him not being a malcontent, and you said "he's cut for a reason," as if you were referring to the convo on whether he is or isn't a malcontent.

Yes if the argument is just that he was cut for being unvaccinated, I agree.  And if you want to refer to him as a distraction for that reason, then fair enough.