Cam Newton Released

SBLIII

He should have been cut right after the season. Aside from a couple big plays here and there, he was dreadful and most importantly, not a fit at all in a McDaniel’s offense.

Not sure where he goes next..Indy?

Edited by RUGmen

Here are my gut reaction thoughts;

1. The Covid-19 factor. BB probably hated how much camp he missed

2. How different the offense has to be between Mac and Cam and how one can't really back up the other

3. A courtesy to Cam, allow him to get on a roster in the next few weeks to back up for a player whose style matches better

4. They knew what we all know, Mac was going to start sooner or later. Avoid the QB "controversy" 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Cam is the most talented infant to ever play in the NFL. Someone will give him another chance.

The Giants and WFT both have ties to him with their GM/Coach.

Rivera passed on him and traded for the back up of Carolina last offseason I do not see him wanting to reach out to him for WFT 

• Like 1

Just now, Pats#1 said:

Wow, I knew Mac Jones was looking good in pre-season, but damn, not even keeping him on as a backup/mentor for Jones?

I dont think it has anything to do with mac's performance and everything to do with his antics that pisses BB off. So why deal with the headache and avoid fans chanting Cam if Mac struggles. If your committing to mac you do want to avoid any distractions and cam is known to be a distraction

• Like 2

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

I dont think it has anything to do with mac's performance and everything to do with his antics that pisses BB off. So why deal with the headache and avoid fans chanting Cam if Mac struggles. If your committing to mac you do want to avoid any distractions and cam is known to be a distraction

Lol what are ya'll talking about?  What antics?