Cam Newton Released

SBLIII

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

Why won't you name the other issue?

I really hope you aren't referring to what I think you are referring to...

I am sure Bill loves his QBs dancing in between plays.

Zolak and Cam can both be wrong in that instance.

Zolak's wording was bad and he dealt with the fallout. Cam's dancing was bad and he is now dealing with the fallout.

You can fake outrage over this all you want.

Just now, iknowcool said:

Because my post was about him not being a malcontent, and you said "he's cut for a reason," as if you were referring to the convo on whether he is or isn't a malcontent.

Yes if the argument is just that he was cut for being unvaccinated, I agree.  And if you want to refer to him as a distraction for that reason, then fair enough. 

yes, I'm speaking about the vaccination status. Him refusing it is a huge distraction. Is Minnesota the only other team to employ an unvaccinated back-up QB? 

Just not worth it.

• Like 1

I'll be interested to see how Mac does with live bullets flying and not playing against an umbrella Cover 4 defense. He's definitely looked the part in preseason, but half of these guys will be out of the league by 3:00 PM today. I can't fault the Patriots for going with the rookie, considering he's "pro ready" now. Mac has never struck me as the type that's going to get better on the sidelines holding a clipboard. I'm skeptical of his ability to consistently make intermediate throws, especially across the middle/in the seam, but who knows.

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Zolak's wording was bad and he dealt with the fallout. Cam's dancing was bad and he is now dealing with the fallout.

You can fake outrage over this all you want.

what an awful take.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Surprised. Wonder how much of it is level of play and how much is BB being pissed off

I think it's actually the opposite. I think Cam and BB have a level of mutual respect for each other, and he wanted to give him a chance to play elsewhere. From all accounts, BB has really liked Newton and spoke highly of him.

Mac Jones era baby. It was the only move.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

What fallout?  You really think he was released because of, not even something that you actually saw, but because of what you think Newton does at practice based off a radio broadcaster's comments?  Comments that can't just be summed up as "bad wording"?  

Come on now.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I don't see where Cam has a home, unless he is backing up Prescott in Dallas?  Maybe??

I've seen Dallas twice now, but Dak and the offense are absolute fireworks throwing the ball miles all day. Not sure if you've seen Cam's release over the past year or so? He must have had one of the lowest YPA in the league

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If Cam wants to start, Houston is really his only option. He's better than Tyrod and the Texans are pretty much going to run 70% of the time.

Won't happen, however - he's not a culture fit, whatever that means.

I think he might be able to go to Denver outside of Houston.

• Like 1