AFC Least? More like AFC BEAST

DoleINGout

On 9/1/2021 at 3:50 PM, Dr A W Niloc said:

Actually, you're not far wrong.

The NFC-West is better, if only because their worst team, Arizona, is on par with the AFC-East's third best, Miami.

New England and Buffalo could well end up in the AFC Championship game but the AFC-North likely has the edge, with Cleveland better than Miami and Cincinnati still marginally better than the [albeit improved] Jets.

Third best division sounds about right.

Even if you put Buffalo above the Niners/Rams/Seahawks - which I'd disagree with - all three are significantly better than New England and Miami.

I agree that Arizona is on Miami's level but the other three are closer to Buffalo than Miami or NE are to them.

23 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

AFC South is the worst.

Excluding Allen, I don't know if I would take any AFC East QB over any other teams current QB. I'm not sold on Tua at all and Wilson/Jones are unproven. Sure, 3-4 teams AFC wide definitely need to upgrade, but I haven't seen anything to say that those two would be clear upgrades yet.

For the South specifically, I'd take Tannehill and Lawerence over anyone not Allen. Taylor isn't anything special, but he has shown flashes - and I don't expect anything special in Houston. Wentz can be good IF he can stay healthy. I think he'll do well with that OL and run game in Indy. So maybe I take Wilson over Taylor for the potential; but that's all it is right now.

34 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Excluding Allen, I don't know if I would take any AFC East QB over any other teams current QB. I'm not sold on Tua at all and Wilson/Jones are unproven. Sure, 3-4 teams AFC wide definitely need to upgrade, but I haven't seen anything to say that those two would be clear upgrades yet.

For the South specifically, I'd take Tannehill and Lawerence over anyone not Allen. Taylor isn't anything special, but he has shown flashes - and I don't expect anything special in Houston. Wentz can be good IF he can stay healthy. I think he'll do well with that OL and run game in Indy. So maybe I take Wilson over Taylor for the potential; but that's all it is right now.

Unproven and oft-benched Wentz with zero wins in Indy putting his best foot forward and unproven rookie Lawrence with zero wins in Jacksonville. 

These takes tho. Every year is a new season. Anything can happen is the norm. 

Random right or random wrong, fling those darts. 

2 hours ago, FinSting said:

Unproven and oft-benched Wentz with zero wins in Indy putting his best foot forward and unproven rookie Lawrence with zero wins in Jacksonville. 

These takes tho. Every year is a new season. Anything can happen is the norm. 

Random right or random wrong, fling those darts. 

I wouldn't call Wentz unproven. He did play well enough to get a couple MVP votes a few years ago while playing under Reich. Injury concerns, sure.

Lawrence blew Jones and Wilson away in college and it isn't close. I have more faith in him to excel than I do them.

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I wouldn't call Wentz unproven. He did play well enough to get a couple MVP votes a few years ago while playing under Reich. Injury concerns, sure.

Lawrence blew Jones and Wilson away in college and it isn't close. I have more faith in him to excel than I do them.

I like the environment that Jones is put into. Not a ton of weapons, but BB will rely heavily on the run game leaving Jones just to game manage early on. Jones easily has the better coaching.

The Jets obviously need to prove a lot, but I think there's a lot of potential there. I believe there's a lot of potential with their WR core, and the O-line may be able to provide some good pass protection.

Jacksonville doesn't seem like a very good environment for a young QB, though I'll admit- I don't know a ton about them since I'm a Bills fan. I have a bit more knowledge on AFC east teams. I know they have some weapons, but how's that O-line? 

15 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Even if you put Buffalo above the Niners/Rams/Seahawks - which I'd disagree with - all three are significantly better than New England and Miami.

I agree that Arizona is on Miami's level but the other three are closer to Buffalo than Miami or NE are to them.

We beat all 3 last year ;)

But yes they're all pretty equal, the NFC West is way better than the AFC East imo. 

The Pats are really the only team that makes me nervous this year. I'm not that high on Tua and Josh Allen owns the Dolphins, he is their daddy. We'll see about Zac Wilson i like him but i think they're a year or two away. 

11 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Lawrence blew Jones and Wilson away in college and it isn't close.

Then you should have no trouble identifying which of these you'd rather have (stats courtesy of PFF):

Starting Rookie Quarterback #1
Comp%  16th
ADoT   91st
Big Toss Rate  26th
Turnover Worthy 68th
Deep Yards 12th
Screen Yards 1st
Yards per Pass Attempt 11th
Drop Rate  5.7%
Pressure to Sack Rate 15.7
Toss Time  2.35 seconds (7th overall)
QBR  8th
40 Yard Dash 4.70 seconds

Starting Rookie Quarterback #2
Comp%  6th
ADoT   28th
Big Toss Rate 9th
Turnover Worthy  2nd
Deep Yards 3rd
Screen Yards 18th
Yards Per Pass Attempt  3rd
Drop Rate  4.7%
Pressure to Sack Rate 13.9%
Toss Time 2.81 seconds (94th overall)
QBR 4th
40 Yard Dash 4.43

Starting Rookie Quarterback #3
Comp% 1st
ADoT 97th  
Big Toss Rate 20th  
Turnover Worthy 23rd
Deep Yards  1st
Screen Yards 2nd
Yards Per Pass Attempt 2nd
Drop Rate 4.0%
Pressure to Sack Rate 12.3%
Toss Time 2.51 seconds (27th overall)
QBR 1st
40 Yard Dash 4.68

Starting Rookie Quarterback #4
Comp% 3rd
ADoT 46th
Big Toss Rate 13th
Turnover Worthy 20th
Deep Yards  20th
Screen Yards 111th
Yards Per Pass Attempt 13th
Drop Rate 6.0%
Pressure to Sack Rate 25.0
Toss Time 3.11 (135th overall)
QBR 2nd
40 Yard Dash 4.51

I do agree it isn't close.

22 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

We beat all 3 last year ;)

But yes they're all pretty equal, the NFC West is way better than the AFC East imo. 

The Pats are really the only team that makes me nervous this year. I'm not that high on Tua and Josh Allen owns the Dolphins, he is their daddy. We'll see about Zac Wilson i like him but i think they're a year or two away. 

I see that ultimately we agree - so I'm sure I don't even need to say this - but obviously the Niners from last year are nothing like the Niners from this year.

The NFCW and AFCE were .500 last year, but the circumstances were....odd.

The Jets beat the Rams.

The Cards beat the Bills on a hail Mary.

The Bills beat the Rams on a PI flag.

The Dolphins beat the Niners when they had practice squad CBs.

The Dolphins beat the Rams only gaining 140 offensive yards.

The Patriots beat the Cardinals after a missed FG.

The Rams and Niners blew the Patriots out.

Patriots had people thinking they were legit after Cam threw for 400 in a close loss to Seattle.

Lots of weird close games or weird happenings in the games.

On 9/2/2021 at 2:33 AM, Thomas5737 said:

As others have said, only one QB is proven and he had 30 career TD and 21 interceptions heading into last year.

Technically he had 47 career TDs... he had 17 rushing TDs his first 2 years... same amount of rushing TDs as Saquon Barkley the first 2 years.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 4:58 PM, FrantikRam said:

I see that ultimately we agree - so I'm sure I don't even need to say this - but obviously the Niners from last year are nothing like the Niners from this year.

The NFCW and AFCE were .500 last year, but the circumstances were....odd.

The Jets beat the Rams.

The Cards beat the Bills on a hail Mary.

The Bills beat the Rams on a PI flag.

The Dolphins beat the Niners when they had practice squad CBs.

The Dolphins beat the Rams only gaining 140 offensive yards.

The Patriots beat the Cardinals after a missed FG.

The Rams and Niners blew the Patriots out.

Patriots had people thinking they were legit after Cam threw for 400 in a close loss to Seattle.

Lots of weird close games or weird happenings in the games.

Pats beat Ravens who smashed the Rams and beat the 9ers who also beat the Rams twice who smashed the Pats

It's almost like 2020 was f'd