all our draft made the roster. What are your thoughts on the rookies?

Kiwibrown

Who has the better season?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the better season?

2. 2. does Felton break 1000 yards?

3. 3. Who has the best season of all our rookies?

Berry likes keeping his picks around, some guys havent shown at all much, Tommy, Schwartz,  and Fields, and they made the team. Others have shown a lot, and they probably need to as well, Im thinking of Felton here. 

Newsome has been up and down, but he is taking on one of the hardest positions for rookies. 

I was thinking about Felton who has been exceptional, and he could break 1000 yards for the season if we take into account his returning, rushing and receiving, which could be reasonably impressive. I like him as our KR, and I really like him as our punt returner.  

I think Felton is a nice shiny toy that emerges more in 2022 and beyond in a role of sorts than this year. He may help in the return department, and provide some depth and insurance, but he's not taking carries from Chubb or Hunt, and even Johnson is a solid runner of the football.

With OBJ back, Higgins being a favorite 3rd down option of Baker, our love for double TE formations and use of a FB, and Jarvis being the model of consistency/dependability, not to mention DPJ emerging and Schwartz being that "deep threat", I don't see much room for Felton unless guys start going down.

I think JOK ends up being the dude we need in that 2nd level of our defense. 

Craig Newsome lol 

Anyway, as far as keeping your draft picks, I kinda expect it.  Unless a guy is completely out of shape or a locker room distraction/off the field problem, you’d better keep them around for a year if you just spent a pick on them.  And if they are that distraction or whatever, you’d better figure out your pre-draft vetting process a bit better.

Felton won’t sniff anything close to 1000 yards.

JOK will have the most impact year 1.  Corner is a hard spot to step in and play.  LBer is much more plug and play.

We have too many weapons on offense to have the rookies shine. They’ll get glimpses but these are guys meant to eventually start, for now they just fill a role. JOK and Newsome are the only answers that should be considered. I’ll lean towards JOK simply because it’s hard to be a rookie DB. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

We have too many weapons on offense to have the rookies shine. They’ll get glimpses but these are guys meant to eventually start, for now they just fill a role. JOK and Newsome are the only answers that should be considered. I’ll lean towards JOK simply because it’s hard to be a rookie DB. 

This is the answer.

7 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Not entirely, yes we have a lot of weapons on offense but none of them can potentially do what Schwartz can do...hot,nasty, bad-a$$ speed. He could really shine. Might not make a large amount of plays but he could make one or two plays a game for us 

Edited by buno67

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I’d add him to our practice squad. 

No sense to cut a rookie.

A beat writer mention like his attitude or work ethic was pretty bad. He questioned the Titans draft process. 923 Carmen show had a Titans reporter on their show today a long with a Bills reporter to talking about potential AFC playoff foes

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Not entirely, yes we have a lot of weapons on offense but none of them can potentially do what Schwartz can do...hot,nasty, bad-a$$ speed. He could really shine. Might not make a large amount of plays but he could make one or two plays a game for us 

Excellent post 

Schwarz is the fastest brown in 45 years

Period.