Week 1- Cowboys @ Bucs - Season Opener

ravishingone

I’m cautious before the start of any season, even with last seasons Super Bowl. We go from expectations being so low and fans hope being so high to expectations being so high and fans expectations being higher. 

Its a long season. And an extra game this year. But on paper there is no way the Bucs shouldn’t be the class of the NFC. To me, if the Bucs aren’t the 1 seed then I’m disappointed. Granted another Super Bowl win would fix that. Haha. 

This team is too talented and historically good, regardless of how much or little coverage they get being in Tampa. If the starters series against the Texans (granted an awful team) in week 3 of the preseason is any indication, it’s gonna be a fun year to be a Bucs fan. Like Mike Evans indicated in his recent presser. Games were too close last year. The Bucs can be better.

Excited for the opener on Thursday. Let’s see what 2021 will bring us...

Edited by Lil' Shorty

I thought 41-17 Tampa Bay but after thinking about it, I think it might be even more high scoring. Going with 45-24

Although almost everyone believes Tampa to be the top team in the NFC and a top 2 team in the NFL entering the year, I think this team is still undervalued. I'm going as far as saying that I would be surprised if they don't repeat.

Defense is more volatile, so there might be regression but Vita Vea is coming back and in my opinion the most important player on the defense. Plus Todd Bowles was retained and the defensive backs should improve. Devin White is also someone who should see his coverage improve. And considering the QBs they play this year are weaker than last year, this should be a top 5 unit.

Offensively I think they will be absolutely lethal and similar to the 2013 Broncos. QB in his 2nd year, OC retained. Evans and Brown threaten you outside, Godwin, Gronk and Howard inside. Compares well to Decker, Welker, Thomas, Moreno and Thomas. OL is good as well. Plus with Arians, QBs are usually better in the 2nd year and struggle in year 1. Carson Palmer in his 2nd full year in 2015 was an MVP candidate. Tack the covid restrictions last year onto that and we could see this offense explode in historical fashion.

I can't see the Cowboys with Dak returning from injury, no Zack Martin and a shaky defense have any answers.

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I thought 41-17 Tampa Bay but after thinking about it, I think it might be even more high scoring. Going with 45-24

Although almost everyone believes Tampa to be the top team in the NFC and a top 2 team in the NFL entering the year, I think this team is still undervalued. I'm going as far as saying that I would be surprised if they don't repeat.

Defense is more volatile, so there might be regression but Vita Vea is coming back and in my opinion the most important player on the defense. Plus Todd Bowles was retained and the defensive backs should improve. Devin White is also someone who should see his coverage improve. And considering the QBs they play this year are weaker than last year, this should be a top 5 unit.

Offensively I think they will be absolutely lethal and similar to the 2013 Broncos. QB in his 2nd year, OC retained. Evans and Brown threaten you outside, Godwin, Gronk and Howard inside. Compares well to Decker, Welker, Thomas, Moreno and Thomas. OL is good as well. Plus with Arians, QBs are usually better in the 2nd year and struggle in year 1. Carson Palmer in his 2nd full year in 2015 was an MVP candidate. Tack the covid restrictions last year onto that and we could see this offense explode in historical fashion.

I can't see the Cowboys with Dak returning from injury, no Zack Martin and a shaky defense have any answers.

I'm with you. I think this game will be closer than some are thinking and my sole reasoning is this. The Dallas offense is still lethal. It just takes time for the defense to come together. We have all the talent on that side of the ball too, but it usually takes a few weeks for everything to gel, so I could see us giving up some points. Even with almost everyone back. It's just one of those things where it takes game speed/timing to get that flow back. 

Dallas has not shot of stopping our offense though. 41 - 27 Bucs. 

I'm surprised at how confident some other Bucs fans are. Maybe I'm just not used to Brady being our QB still (Did last year really happen? I still see the ghost's of Winston & Freeman....).

Obviously I'd love a blowout but I think it will be close, 3 point margin. 27-24.

Edited by TB Doug22

10 minutes ago, TB Doug22 said:

I'm surprised at how confident some other Bucs fans are. Maybe I'm just not used to Brady being our QB still (Did last year really happen? I still see the ghost's of Winston & Freeman....).

Obviously I'd love a blowout but I think it will be close, 3 point margin. 27-24.

We've got Brady. I'm gonna ride this wave for as long as possible.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TB Doug22 said:

I mean Dak hasn't even played a snap in the pre season and not sure if he's even been practicing. And supposedly their best player on the team, Zach Martin, is out. But I don't like to make predictions.