2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Fair points. I figured he was a 3rd-4th kinda guy but maybe his stock was rising, and if Shanny likes him, he has a tendency to go get his guy no matter what 

Who knows with Shanny. Nothing would shock me lol.

But at this point, in the second round, I think I'm out on him. His workout was great, but people have to remember that he's also raw as hell. I don't think that he's an immediate contributor. He's a guy that I think you're drafting for year 2 (and even more likely, the big blow up in year 3). He needs to refine his routes, get cleaner hands, etc. 

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

Who knows with Shanny. Nothing would shock me lol.

But at this point, in the second round, I think I'm out on him. His workout was great, but people have to remember that he's also raw as hell. I don't think that he's an immediate contributor. He's a guy that I think you're drafting for year 2 (and even more likely, the big blow up in year 3). He needs to refine his routes, get cleaner hands, etc. 

I agree that he likely won't contribute much in 22. WR snaps are going to be hard to come by considering we are in 21 personnel so much and the fact deebo, aiyuk, and jennings have established themselves.

Considering we literally got 0 out of Banks and Sermon last year, we need to make sure our first pick this year is an immediate contributor 

Watson is a guy you draft if you dont think you are going to resign Aiyuk. Otherwise, it is too redundant 

I do like him as a player though, love his length. He has some skills. He is going to be a good player but unfortunately the timing isnt going to work out for us. 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh no. 

Kind of great if we really liked him because he's definitely a day 3 guy now. Love his game

He put on some weight badly to try and get to his listed 195, I’d guess. 

Just now, JIllg said:

He put on some weight badly to try and get to his listed 195, I’d guess. 

His official was better (4.65). Ultimately, I don't think it changes his NFL projection much, but may cost him in his draft slot. 

Always struck me as a true third down back

Listening to underdog, and even after the surgery stuff, they think if any team is getting Jimmy g for less than a second and fourth they are getting a steal.... And they are *not* Jimmy fans lol

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

Listening to underdog, and even after the surgery stuff, they think if any team is getting Jimmy g for less than a second and fourth they are getting a steal.... And they are *not* Jimmy fans lol

oops, wrong thread lol 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

At this point I am fine getting a 6th rounder and here you go getting my hopes up lol.

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

At this point I am fine getting a 6th rounder and here you go getting my hopes up lol.

Same ! LOL 

Ryan Clark also said we should get a second round pick lol. I'm like damn...you guys are going to get my hopes up again, knock this crap off lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

If a team gives the 49ers more than a 3rd I will be insulting that team. 

• Like 1