2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

36 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I keep seeing him (Elam) as a late first guy.

I do too, but we should be able to put together a package of picks after the Jimmy G trade to move up as high as the backend of the 1st, if we want to. 

I'd be all for jumping up to the 30-50 range to nab an impact corner, safety, or pass rusher.

17 hours ago, 49to5er said:

Been scouting some DBs so far.. 

i like Martin Emerson out of Miss at 

Cam Taylor Britt out of Nebraska 

late round flyer on reed Blankenship. 

These are some under the radar players that have popped on tape for me so far. 

i wanna hear who else you guys like so I can check them out. 

I've mentioned Goodrich before, and as mentioned by ninernation, Woolen is a guy I'd look at. Fits the Shanny draft preference to a tee...a guy he can justifiably sit for a year lol 

Take a look at a guy like Akayleb Evans. Good size, length...a lot of inconsistency to his game though. High character guy though is my understanding. I feel like someone is going to fall from that first round, so I'd take a look at a guy like Kyler Gordon. 

Completed my first mock. 

Obviously we haven't traded Jimmy yet and we havent' been award the comp picks, so these aren't all that we are going to have. 

All things considered, I don't hate the draft class. Was able to generate some solid value picks and some guys I just really like. 

61. Travis Jones

IDL, UConn

93. Boye Mafe

EDGE, Minnesota

132. Akayleb Evans

CB, Missouri

171.Verone McKinley III

S, Oregon

185.  Cade Mays

IOL, Tennessee

251. Brock Hoffman

IOL, Virginia Tech

254. Jerrion Ealy

RB, Ole Miss

On 2/17/2022 at 3:29 PM, Forge said:

Completed my first mock. 

Obviously we haven't traded Jimmy yet and we havent' been award the comp picks, so these aren't all that we are going to have. 

All things considered, I don't hate the draft class. Was able to generate some solid value picks and some guys I just really like. 

61. Travis Jones

IDL, UConn

93. Boye Mafe

EDGE, Minnesota

132. Akayleb Evans

CB, Missouri

171.Verone McKinley III

S, Oregon

185.  Cade Mays

IOL, Tennessee

251. Brock Hoffman

IOL, Virginia Tech

254. Jerrion Ealy

RB, Ole Miss

Solid draft, not a fan that you didn’t address WR and Safety, but you got some big hits here and probably take BPA. Big fan of Mafe and McKinley

The PFF mock I think is broken lol. I was able to get Woolen in round 5. The biggest problem here was that I wasn't able to find a safety I Liked. Pitre was available at 68, but I don't love him as much as others in terms of being a traditional safety (I'd take Cine over him as a traditional safety replacement for Tartt) 

Traded 61 for 68 and 108

68. Travis Jones (I have Jones as a top 40 player in this draft...I'll be taking him in pretty much every mock if he's there when we pick lol) 

93. Boye Mafe. So far, we are starting out pretty similarly to the last one. Mafe is all traits and skillset with a lack of production. Not overly long, which is a bit of a concern, but should test well. Really just betting on traits. 

108. Dylan Parham. The pick we get for moving down in the second round turns into Parham, who I have mentioned liking in the past. History at guard and tackle in college, but should be a center in the league. Moves well, and should be a good fit for our blocking. 

131. Christian Watson. I want a guy that can get downfield, and he's also a guy that may be able to make contested catches at the next level. And oh yeah ,he knows Trey. 

170. Tariq Woolen. Pretty sure he's going to go no later than day 2 in the real draft, so this is probably unrealistic, but I kind of had to take him .

187. Jake Ferguson. I actually regretted not getting a TE more in the last mock I did more so than not getting a WR. Ferguson has a lot of history as an in line blocker and showed off some pass catching chops senior bowl week. Going to need to expand the route tree, but this is a guy that could easily turn into a serviceable all around TE. 

257. Jake Araiza. The punter that was promised! I think in the real draft he's probably going in round 4/5. His exploits this season were well documented. IF he's there in round 7, I'd take him for sure. 

258. James Emprey. Sort of a whatever pick. Emprey has a history in a ZBS at BYU and utilzing some similar blocking schemes. He's probably maxed out given how old he is, so not likely to kick around the league much, but you never know. 

259. Tyler Vrabel, OT. Mike's son. Three year starter, both at right and left tackle but could be a guard in the NFL. Needs a year to cook and be trained with regards to technique. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The PFF mock I think is broken lol. I was able to get Woolen in round 5. The biggest problem here was that I wasn't able to find a safety I Liked. Pitre was available at 68, but I don't love him as much as others in terms of being a traditional safety (I'd take Cine over him as a traditional safety replacement for Tartt) 

Traded 61 for 68 and 108

68. Travis Jones (I have Jones as a top 40 player in this draft...I'll be taking him in pretty much every mock if he's there when we pick lol) 

93. Boye Mafe. So far, we are starting out pretty similarly to the last one. Mafe is all traits and skillset with a lack of production. Not overly long, which is a bit of a concern, but should test well. Really just betting on traits. 

108. Dylan Parham. The pick we get for moving down in the second round turns into Parham, who I have mentioned liking in the past. History at guard and tackle in college, but should be a center in the league. Moves well, and should be a good fit for our blocking. 

131. Christian Watson. I want a guy that can get downfield, and he's also a guy that may be able to make contested catches at the next level. And oh yeah ,he knows Trey. 

170. Tariq Woolen. Pretty sure he's going to go no later than day 2 in the real draft, so this is probably unrealistic, but I kind of had to take him .

187. Jake Ferguson. I actually regretted not getting a TE more in the last mock I did more so than not getting a WR. Ferguson has a lot of history as an in line blocker and showed off some pass catching chops senior bowl week. Going to need to expand the route tree, but this is a guy that could easily turn into a serviceable all around TE. 

257. Jake Araiza. The punter that was promised! I think in the real draft he's probably going in round 4/5. His exploits this season were well documented. IF he's there in round 7, I'd take him for sure. 

258. James Emprey. Sort of a whatever pick. Emprey has a history in a ZBS at BYU and utilzing some similar blocking schemes. He's probably maxed out given how old he is, so not likely to kick around the league much, but you never know. 

259. Tyler Vrabel, OT. Mike's son. Three year starter, both at right and left tackle but could be a guard in the NFL. Needs a year to cook and be trained with regards to technique. 

I could definitely be happy with this draft. Just the fact you drafted Christian Watson is a major sell for me. Jones, Mafe and Woolen would be awesome additions (I agree, I don’t see Woolen lasting that long). Also am a big fan of adding talent to the TE room, we are In desperate need of some talented pass catchers at the position beyond Kitlle, I think FA will be key in that as well

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, adamq said:

What do you guys think of Tyler Goodson? I'm biased because he's a Hawkeye, but if Mostert doesn't come back we could use another home run hitter out of the backfield.

Don't think he's a true homerun hitter type at the next level. Think he's more shifty and twitchy than fast. The spin moves are nice and fun and he can lower his shoulder once he's going downhill, but I don't think he's a Mostert replacement. I don't think he ran away from guys at the college level all that much, and I don't think that will get better at the next level. If he ran closer to a 4.5 than he did 4.4, I wouldn't be surprised. 

That said. I like his overall game and I like him as a prospect. Just think that he is probably more Alvin Kamara than Mostert in terms of style 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

This one makes a ton of sense. 

I wish all of these tweets weren't 8 feel long though 

I agree, this make a ton of sense. I have heard a lot of people say we need a receiver that offers something “different” from what we already have, then they go on a name off a bunch of smaller/speedster, return men WR’s. 

i personally think Watson is exactly what we need. A bigger/faster WR that can stretch the field. It’s just a bonus that he played with Lance and has that familiarity. If I had an early draft crush, it would be Watson, just imagining what he could do in this offense ( as long as Shanny lets him on the field as a rookie)

• Like 1