2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

24 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Oh wow, some of these were waaaaaay off initially. Olave and Watson’s are a pretty big difference. 

NFL probably told the guy doing the hand times to make them low so that there is buzz on social media to get more eyeballs on the combine 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Big drop for some of these guys on the official

Still excellent times for Watson and Olave, just more in the range of the expected excellent time rather than bonkers excellent time. 

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Christian Watson with our 2nd?

Agree with @NinerNation21...we have more pressing needs positionally speaking. When you could get Watson at the end of round 3 or round 4, that makes sense. But a niche WR 3/4 I just can't get behind that early. 

At this point, I'd look at other players who have nice traits but could be had much later in the draft. I'd look more toward someone like Kevin Austin

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Not to read to much into who they interviewed but the 49ers seem to be putting a lot of time with the Dline group. 

I've taken Mafe in both of my mocks, though I expect him to get pushed up boards the closer to the draft we get. 

Love his fit in a wide 9 given his lack of length. Just let the athleticism play and he'll be fine. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

Agree with @NinerNation21...we have more pressing needs positionally speaking. When you could get Watson at the end of round 3 or round 4, that makes sense. But a niche WR 3/4 I just can't get behind that early. 

At this point, I'd look at other players who have nice traits but could be had much later in the draft. I'd look more toward someone like Kevin Austin

3 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I like Watson, but I'd be really bummed if we spent our first pick in the draft on a WR. 

Thought one of the analysts (maybe Jeremiah) had said that the OL, DL, & CB groups were deep meaning we could still find decent starters/depth in the mid rounds. If that was the case, i thought using our 2nd on Watson could fit with his playmaking ability and chemistry with Lance. 

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Thought one of the analysts (maybe Jeremiah) had said that the OL, DL, & CB groups were deep meaning we could still find decent starters/depth in the mid rounds. If that was the case, i thought using our 2nd on Watson could fit with his playmaking ability and chemistry with Lance. 

WR is probably the most stacked class in the draft. 

Corner is good, but you should never be counting on a mid round guy starting. DL its pretty reasonable to find rotational guys...offensive line will depend on position, scheme, etc. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

WR is probably the most stacked class in the draft. 

Corner is good, but you should never be counting on a mid round guy starting. DL its pretty reasonable to find rotational guys...offensive line will depend on position, scheme, etc. 

Fair points. I figured he was a 3rd-4th kinda guy but maybe his stock was rising, and if Shanny likes him, he has a tendency to go get his guy no matter what 

Edited by 49ersfan

Two guys based off of measurements that I like that I don't know anything about:

• EDGE Isaiah Thomas, Oklahoma - 6'5 260 lbs / 10.13" hands / 33.88" arms
  • CB Jaylen Watson, Washington State - 6'4 211 lbs / 10" hands / 32.75" arms

I've read that Watson is best used as a press corner in a zone scheme, which seems like a good fit, but I don't know anything else about him.

@Chrissooner49er, got anything to add on Thomas?