2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

More likely target than a guy like McBride or Dulcich 

Woods is being severely slept on. Former QB converted to TE@Oklahoma St. Transferred to UVA because he wanted to be showcased more as a receiver and our Air Raid gave him the opportunity to do just that. Good in-line blocker who's basically a power forward with shoulder pads. He lumbers a bit when changing direction but he's faster straight line than what ppl give him credit for. He played a good portion of the year on a high ankle sprain but still put up numbers. He would absolutely flourish in this system, especially with his blocking. 

https://youtu.be/QsBN2se6mag

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I still prefer Wilson but man that's fast. 

Christian Watson was no slouch….. ran as fast or faster (4.29-4.31) than many expected. Between his 40 time and his broad jump, he has helped his stock today, hopefully he will still be in reach with one of our picks

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Christian Watson was no slouch….. ran as fast or faster (4.29-4.31) than many expected. Between his 40 time and his broad jump, he has helped his stock today, hopefully he will still be in reach with one of our picks

I think he goes top of the 2nd. But are WRs kind of turning into RBs? Every year seems like the draft is just stacked. 

10 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think he goes top of the 2nd. But are WRs kind of turning into RBs? Every year seems like the draft is just stacked. 

Even with a great showing, I don’t see him in the top 7 WR in this draft to get picked. I think there is a very real possibility he lasts til the end of the 2nd or very early 3rd. I just don’t think the Niners would use their first pick on a WR.

I don’t think WR’s are turning into running backs, every year there is an early round game changer at WR that seems to transform an offense or at least have a huge impact ( Bengals, Eagles, Vikings, NINERS, Seahawks, etc). Early round WR’s aren’t a sure thing, but they seem to be a better bet than an early round running back the last 10+ years.…..and after watching this combine, this group may be one of the best groups of WR’s in years and I know that’s saying a lot

Edited by P_locniners

20 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Any chance that this team had in him falling to a place where we take a wide receiver are way gone. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Any chance that this team had in him falling to a place where we take a wide receiver are way gone. 

I will just say, it will be Interesting to see how teams rank their WR’s this year, it could be all over the place

glass half full, if he is taken, another good player falls (I know that’s not much consolation)

Edited by P_locniners

Just now, P_locniners said:

I will just say, it will be Interesting to see how teams rank their WR’s this year, it could be all over the place

Agreed. I don't think this is a draft like previous where there were 2 or 3 clearly at the top and then the gap. 

This is like 8 people at the top and they can pretty much be in whatever order you want (the only one I'm not keen on is Drake London). 

Just now, Forge said:

Agreed. I don't think this is a draft like previous where there were 2 or 3 clearly at the top and then the gap. 

This is like 8 people at the top and they can pretty much be in whatever order you want (the only one I'm not keen on is Drake London). 

Really? London? Why?

5 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Really? London? Why?

Slooooooooooooooooooow. Trouble separating even in college. 

He's obviously a big dude, so you don't expect him to be a burner, but this isn't Mike Evans (who everyone wants to use as a comparison). He is not going to have a consistent vertical component to his game. He's likely a contested catch guy at the next level and that is really hard to gauge because that is something that is soooo much harder to keep going in the NFL. Could be a successful big slot guy, but I Don't love the value for him with where he's projected to go. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Slooooooooooooooooooow 

He's obviously a big dude, but this isn't Mike Evans (who everyone wants to use as a comparison). He is not going to have a consistent vertical component to his game. He's likely a contested catch guy at the next level and that is really hard to gauge because that is something that is soooo much harder to keep going in the NFL. Could be a successful big slot guy, but I Don't love the value for him with where he's projected to go. 

Got it, makes sense. The funny thing is that some people have him in the top 1-3 WR in this class, which I don’t agree with ( Wilson, Burks and Olave are far superior IMO).

I still think he belongs as a cusp 1st rounder/ early second. I know college game doesn’t always translate, but before his injury, he was on track to have one of, if the not the best, statistical WR year in college history……..gotta say something

Edited by P_locniners

Just now, P_locniners said:

Got it, makes sense. The funny thing is that some people have him in the top 1-3 WR in this class, which I don’t agree with ( Wilson, Burks and Olave are far superior IMO).

I still think he belongs as a cusp 1st rounder/ early second. I know college game doesn’t always translate, but before his injury, he was on track to have one of, if the not the best, statistical WR year in college history……..gotta say something

If I were a receiver needy team in the top 10, I'd definitely have no issues targeting him in the second round. There may be guys still on the board that I would prefer, but thats fine. The player value is okay there. But when I hear people talking about the Jets taking him in the top 10 or something...woof. Kiper had the Browns trading up to 9 for him and I'm just out on him if that's where he's going to go. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

If I were a receiver needy team in the top 10, I'd definitely have no issues targeting him in the second round. There may be guys still on the board that I would prefer, but thats fine. The player value is okay there. But when I hear people talking about the Jets taking him in the top 10 or something...woof. Kiper had the Browns trading up to 9 for him and I'm just out on him if that's where he's going to go. 

I would have fallen for Drake London a couple of years ago. Talked myself into it. He’s got some juice after the catch! I’d say to myself as an argument. He can do a bit of everything at the next level! There’s two guys that I saw as very similar to him coming out in Courtland Sutton and N’Keal Harry. Saw some folks trying to compare him to Keenan Allen and such. Never saw that kind of route wiggle with London. Anyways, I’m not trying to flip coins in the first round hoping that they fall out Sutton because the chances are too poor and the failure case is near unplayability. JJ Arcega Whiteside falls in there, too. Give me the guys that separate. I could have told anyone that Christian Watson would have a nuts test. You watch all of Lance’s snaps multiple times, it was kind of hard to ignore the dude. 

• Like 3