•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We have quite a few expiring contracts. WR3 (Gallup, Wilson), DE(Gregory), TE(Schultz), S(Kearse, Kazee), LB (LVE, Neal) could all become pretty glaring holes in the blink of an eye.

Perhaps. 

RG I expect back. Same with at least one of the WR. But even if they are both not back I doubt I’d view it as a high enough situation to merit 1st round urgency (unless another CD falls). Same with Schultz. Like, but not stressing in the 1st. 

Ultimately I think I should have been clearer. Not that we won’t have roster spots to fill. But I don’t immediately see an area of focus on a premium position. Now, I’ll say your right that DE and S could quickly change the conversation depending how re-signing and free agency goes. 

8 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Perhaps. 

RG I expect back. Same with at least one of the WR. But even if they are both not back I doubt I’d view it as a high enough situation to merit 1st round urgency (unless another CD falls). Same with Schultz. Like, but not stressing in the 1st. 

Ultimately I think I should have been clearer. Not that we won’t have roster spots to fill. But I don’t immediately see an area of focus on a premium position. Now, I’ll say your right that DE and S could quickly change the conversation depending how re-signing and free agency goes. 

I'd be worried that some time with a ton of Cap room throws a Brinks truck at RG.. If he comes back just as strong, he looks like a top level DE league wide this year.

14 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Perhaps. 

You should never panic and force picks.

But there is definitely a lot of work to be done to fill out the 2022 roster. Overall, I don’t think it’s less work than any other year. 

On 11/18/2021 at 10:22 AM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

With the development of the rookies - we are quickly approaching the territory of not having any glaring needs.

Could we upgrade things like S and interior OL? Sure. But I think this year they can go to the scouts and have them truly find the best players around. 

Will be interesting to see where we stand come draft time. Some cap issues and an exorbitant amount of FA is going to probably mean a fairly significant roster turnover. I can see some sizable holes being created thru attrition.