2022 CFB Talk/Draft Prospects

DreamKid

13 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

So yeah, I find this notion of that top 8 incredibly weird. They’re not the difference makers the list would have one believe.

It's just not a strong top end class this year, reminds me a bit of the 2018 Draft. 

Also feels like it's rigged against us. The one year we don't need a receiver,... there's plenty to choose from. The highest rated OT we might have a shot at is Trevor Penning. Like the 2018 Draft there's a monster Center prospect... but unlike Frank Ragnow, Linderbaum isn't a scheme fit for us. Again like 2018, there's a super athlete NT- only this time he has no pass rush production/efficency behind him. The list goes on, it sucks. 

In that 2018 1st Round we came away with a 25 Y/O Tight End and..... a future MVP QB. So if history decides to repeat itself we'll be picking Devonte Wyatt 😅. Who we'll trade back into the 1st for remains a mystery though.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Bernhard Raimann

Yup. Highly overrated player that doesn’t deserve to be a 1st round pick, someone that if taken in the 3rd round would be a quality pick, but in the 1st round is an easy bust candidate to decipher.

Plus both are over-aged TEs (checks notes: oh, I guess Raimann is a LT) 😂

I’d rather have Jordan Davis, but I at least could get behind Wyatt as a 1st rounder after two trade downs, especially if we trade back into round one for a young future all pro talent that falls to pick 32 because he dominates in an unorthodox way so his impact can’t be properly calibrated (Jordan Davis?)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

I have yet to watch film on either Enagbare or Bonitto. Think I will watch some of theirs shortly.

Haven't watched Bonitto yet. Did take an extended look at Enagbare because he profiled as a Raven early in the process.

He was an interesting eval. Turned 22 in Jan, so he's not overaged but not what I would consider a plus aged prospect. Massive frame with almost 35" arms. Flashes the ability to connect and coordinate his length to technique but still a little bambi-ish at times. Toolbox looks solid, and it's clear he's got a natural urge to attempt and go for moves- which is big in pass rushers. When he's fluid and technical on chained moves it's really impressive and can remind you of similar lanky and talented rushers like JPP. Displays natural power and speed to power can be monstrous when he has strong pad level. Does look high waisted. Decent athlete on tape, looked slower in 21' and didn't test well. Love how he'll throw his body around to make a play. Some great and successful dives/lunges into production. Arrives with a purpose, drew more than a couple flags. Solid feel for the rush, adept at locating and pursuing the QB from spots all around the front. Experience in 2 point stance. Good run defender. Uses length to wrap and ground ball carriers. Showcased high level traits as an edge setter especially in 21'. Seems to enjoy playing the run too. Played hard even in blowouts and didn't fade as games went on, but I don't think he has a anything above a C motor. 

22 Y/O, SEC production, scheme fit, decent athlete on tape with great frame/length, displayed proficiency against the run, solid while still improving toolbox, average twitch, average bend, good pass rush instincts/feel, flashed at Senior Bowl, good to great ceiling. Add it up and it's an Early Mid Round Grade(3rd/4th) from me, and I think that's probably where he'll end up going. Projections are more in that 2nd Round range, but with his testing I see a drop into the 3rd or later coming his way. If we go CB and OL for our first two picks, he'd be a solid EDGE pickup at #76 and good value at #100 or #110. Looking over recent drafts you see the 70s, 80s, 90s, and even early 100s littered with pass rushers that people swore up and down were going in the 2nd Round. Enagbare likely joins that group.

22 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Haven't watched Bonitto yet. Did take an extended look at Enagbare because he profiled as a Raven early in the process.

He was an interesting eval. Turned 22 in Jan, so he's not overaged but not what I would consider a plus aged prospect. Massive frame with almost 35" arms. Flashes the ability to connect and coordinate his length to technique but still a little bambi-ish at times. Toolbox looks solid, and it's clear he's got a natural urge to attempt and go for moves- which is big in pass rushers. When he's fluid and technical on chained moves it's really impressive and can remind you of similar lanky and talented rushers like JPP. Displays natural power and speed to power can be monstrous when he has strong pad level. Does look high waisted. Decent athlete on tape, looked slower in 21' and didn't test well. Love how he'll throw his body around to make a play. Some great and successful dives/lunges into production. Arrives with a purpose, drew more than a couple flags. Solid feel for the rush, adept at locating and pursuing the QB from spots all around the front. Experience in 2 point stance. Good run defender. Uses length to wrap and ground ball carriers. Showcased high level traits as an edge setter especially in 21'. Seems to enjoy playing the run too. Played hard even in blowouts and didn't fade as games went on, but I don't think he has a anything above a C motor. 

22 Y/O, SEC production, scheme fit, decent athlete on tape with great frame/length, displayed proficiency against the run, solid while still improving toolbox, average twitch, average bend, good pass rush instincts/feel, flashed at Senior Bowl, good to great ceiling. Add it up and it's an Early Mid Round Grade(3rd/4th) from me, and I think that's probably where he'll end up going. Projections are more in that 2nd Round range, but with his testing I see a drop into the 3rd or later coming his way. If we go CB and OL for our first two picks, he'd be a solid EDGE pickup at #76 and good value at #100 or #110. Looking over recent drafts you see the 70s, 80s, 90s, and even early 100s littered with pass rushers that people swore up and down were going in the 2nd Round. Enagbare likely joins that group.

Wasn’t a fan. Didn’t see any plus traits or field impact in this game. He had some occasional solid pressures on #58, but he lets the OL get into his frame too often for someone with that arm length (granted the coaching changes might have prevented his development some), didn’t find him to be overly strong. Was fooled multiple times in run defense peaking inside and getting washed away by the pulling guard.

It’s never the best sign when other players pop more on your game tape IMO. Kenyon Green and that A&M RB Achain definitely stood out more IMO.

Yeah, I’d probably call him a 4th/5th round pick based on this game tape here. Will have to watch  couple more games before making a true determination, but wasn’t much impressed with this one.

https://www.nfl.com/news/charles-davis-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-malik-willis-to-panthers-lions-finish-roun 

Sauce/McDuffie/Stingley/Cross/Hamilton all being on the board at pick 9 and not a single one falling to us would be an absolute kick in the nads.

Why does it feel like the one draft we're picking top 15 in forever only has 11 players we really want 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

DJ's updated Top 50:

- Karlaftis drops down to 18 and Thibs is now at the bottom of his Top 10.

- Starting to see DJ make big adjustments as we get closer to the draft. 

• Cross down in the early 20s...hopefully he somehow falls to us at 14...I think he's a 10 year starter at OT
  • People are coming around to McDuffie > Stingley which I've been adamant about for a while now. McDuffie is going to be so, so reliably good IMO
  • Interesting to see Wilson all the way up at #6...I wonder if the FO would take him if he fell to 14 and had him rated as high as that...definitely one of the lesser needs on the team
  • Jordan Davis' rise is potential good news for @diamondbull424
  • I really like the round 2 ILBs like Harris/Chenal/Muma but DJ only has Harris as a top 50 guy
  • Linderbaum is plummeting...perhaps he is catching wind of what FOs actually think...should ease some concerns (at least for me) of him being our pick at 14

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah, I’d probably call him a 4th/5th round pick based on this game tape here. Will have to watch  couple more games before making a true determination, but wasn’t much impressed with this one.

Yup, no way he goes in the 2nd. 

I watched that A&M game, Georgia 21', and Tenn 20'. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:
  • Cross down in the early 20s...hopefully he somehow falls to us at 14...I think he's a 10 year starter at OT
  • People are coming around to McDuffie > Stingley which I've been adamant about for a while now. McDuffie is going to be so, so reliably good IMO
  • Interesting to see Wilson all the way up at #6...I wonder if the FO would take him if he fell to 14 and had him rated as high as that...definitely one of the lesser needs on the team
  • Jordan Davis' rise is potential good news for @diamondbull424
  • I really like the round 2 ILBs like Harris/Chenal/Muma but DJ only has Harris as a top 50 guy
  • Linderbaum is plummeting...perhaps he is catching wind of what FOs actually think...should ease some concerns (at least for me) of him being our pick at 14

Cross that low is very interesting, as is Trevor Penning being above him. Would love to have him fall as you said. 

McDuffie has a big(or I guess little) problem 🦖-

I don't see anyone in the Top 15 picking a SCB, so unless they're projecting him to Safety- he'll likely see a draft day slide. Teams don't play about their CB's arm length.

The WR conversation is an interesting one. I think they'd go WR before LB. Like there's a chance the FO would love to add in a guy like Drake London. I'm not going to neglect those top WR names as I do my Draft month deep dive. 

Yea, I think all 3 of those LBs will be gone quicker than people think. Chenal in particular, dude tested like an utter freak. 

Tyler Linderbaum and Jordan Davis are two guys that are considered elite at what they do, but both of them won't even be considered in the 1st by various clubs due to lack of fit and/or value. 

• Like 1