2022 CFB Talk/Draft Prospects

DreamKid

Dane Brugler confirmed Devin Lloyd's age yesterday, turns 24 in Sept. Being overaged at a low value position might automatically lock him out of the first 20-25 picks. And here's a clip of Todd McShay(FWIW) mentioning how teams are not only low on Nakobe Dean but some have Quay Walker over him too- which is a prediction that's been catching on lately for the draft community. Both Lloyd and Dean slipping out of the 1st Round is plausible now. 

So while it was never really in the cards anyway(imo), I think everyone can safely write off LB as a surprise 1st Round option. 

17 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Notice anything about Chris Simms' Top 5 CB & EDGE Rankings?-

FPhJ0ziWUA0YA_F?format=jpg&name=900x900

FQGISY8WQAI5mVI?format=jpg&name=900x900

😂 Hope the teams picking above us feel the same.

Having watched the CB/S video in its entirety, along with the edge video (that and WR as well), I honestly can’t necessarily disagree with his reasoning. He basically states that if going off Stingley’s freshman season, he’s a top 5 pick, but after two down seasons, he can’t rightfully place him above guys who outplayed him the last couple seasons. He also mentioned that it seemed like Stingley since his freshman season gave little effort and never seemed to make hustle plays on the field.

He didn’t give any reasoning for the KT ranking, they set it up as if they would later in the segment, but then the video seemed to end abruptly, like they ran out of time or something. But when he alluded to it, he basically seemed to be saying he hated to pile on a guy who had a down year because he was hurt- because others within the draft community had already begun to do so, but that after watching this season’s tape, he had to pile on as well.

Felt docking a guy for two seasons of down performance in Stingley, makes some sense, but docking KT for a down season doesn’t really make much sense. I also don’t get how he could dock KT for a down season and dock Stingley for two down seasons, but then elevate guys who were largely one hit wonders like Walker and JAD.

19 hours ago, DreamKid said:

but some have Quay Walker over him too- which is a prediction that's been catching on lately for the draft community.

I find myself frequently taking him at 45 in mock drafts because I think he's good value there.

As for Dean, I want nothing to do with him - imo he's a worse Patrick Queen and we already have one of those...

19 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Dane Brugler confirmed Devin Lloyd's age yesterday, turns 24 in Sept.

Yesterday? I assume you're talking about his podcast which I plan to listen to on the way to (or maybe from) work tomorrow.

Lloyd's age has been in Dane's draft guide (which is ridiculously in depth btw) and that was released last Thursday.  If you're curious about any prospect's age or Pro Day numbers, if they exist they'll almost certainly be in "The Beast"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I’m willing to bet a decent amount of money that Cam Taylor-Britt is one of the Ravens’ red star guys this year 

One of my favorite corners in this draft in the later rounds. Literally draft him in every single mock draft I do lol. Call me crazy, but he reminds me a little of Jimmy Smith.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drd23 said:

Interesting thread.  Him being 300+ makes me a little less scared of us taking him, especially if we trade down ~5-6 spots if the board doesn't fall great for us 

It's not just the size it's the style that Linderbaum plays that makes wonder if the Ravens would be interested.  Since DeCosta took over they keep drafted very strong and powerful interior offensive lineman.  You have Cleveland last year, Powers, Bredeson etc...  This certainly hasn't worked but it seems to be the type the team is going for.  Linderbaum is an athletic and you can say even finesse lineman.  Will the put a guy like that in the middle with 2 maulers on either side?  That's exactly what they used to do with Centers like Matt Birk and even Mike Flynn but it's been a long time.  I agree with all the analysis that Linderbaum could work with this team but I'm not sure that's what they want to invest a top pick in.

I'm starting to back off Center as an option we even pursue in the early rounds. I think Patrick Mekari and Trystan Colon are locked in as C1 & C2. Harbs doesn't want to start Rookie offensive lineman if he can get away with it, and already said we wouldn't be pursuing another Center option in FA. Seems like the Morgan Moses signing resolved our situation at Center for the FO. 

Doesn't mean we won't prioritize OL prospects with versatility though. Kenyon Green, Tyler Smith, Zach Tom, etc. Guys who can play all across the line will still be favored by us.