CFB Week 2 Thread

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why is it even a debate about who should start? Jones has looked bad this season and AR has flashed elite potential. 

Dan Mullen considers himself a genius. The harder everybody pushes him to do something that would be admitting he was wrong, the more he seems to double down on his bad choice. It's obvious AR should be starting. But I don't feel any confidence that Mullen will actually do it, absent Jones getting hurt. I hope I'm wrong.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Dan Mullen considers himself a genius. The harder everybody pushes him to do something that would be admitting he was wrong, the more he seems to double down on his bad choice. It's obvious AR should be starting. But I don't feel any confidence that Mullen will actually do it, absent Jones getting hurt. I hope I'm wrong.

Do you think the fact that AR is a freshman and Jones is an upperclassman plays a role in that? Obviously it'll be tough to beat Alabama even with AR starting but if he were to pull it off he'd instantly be a household name and likely the favorite to win the Heisman Trophy. Jones has been lackluster so far, just so strange that Mullen is dead set on keeping him as the starer. 

I'm not even a huge CFB fan but if AR takes over I will without a doubt be tuning in to every Florida game.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Do you think the fact that AR is a freshman and Jones is an upperclassman plays a role in that? Obviously it'll be tough to beat Alabama even with AR starting but if he were to pull it off he'd instantly be a household name and likely the favorite to win the Heisman Trophy. Jones has been lackluster so far, just so strange that Mullen is dead set on keeping him as the starer. 

I'm not even a huge CFB fan but if AR takes over I will without a doubt be tuning in to every Florida game.

Yes. Jones was loyal and willing to wait his turn. Mullen values loyalty.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Which I respect but Jones has been lackluster and AR looks like he has the potential to be the best player in college football. 

That's what 90% of Gator fans are saying. But Mullen is stubborn. I hope after he watches the film, he makes the right call. But I don't trust him. It took Franks breaking his ankle before Mullen started Trask.

Fun start to the year 

Texas is back and then they aren’t 

UCLA and Oregon giving the PAC 12 the energy they haven’t had in awhile 

Clemson might not make the playoffs 

Notre Dame barely keeps winning 

Ohio State not for real? They will be fine but maybe they don’t make the playoffs 

Auburn at Penn State? Love they are doing that 

Nebraska goes back to Oklahoma lol

BYU takes down Utah

This would be the perfect year for the expanded playoffs (Yes I know Alabama and Georgia probably play in the national title again) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

I think Iowa is a Top 10 team but I also know our overall talent level. What’s that mean exactly is basically this….we can compete with most anyone in the country except the top few even though we could potentially be ranked close to them by seasons end (fingered crossed)

Iowa does more with less than almost anyone, but let’s be real here. We play Georgia? It’s maybe close for a half and we lose by 14 or so 

We play Texas A&M? That’s a game maybe we can win if things go right 

I love the Hawkeyes but our coaches can only do so much with zero to 2 star recruits 

I wrote on FaceBook that I thought ISU kinda quit in the 4th. Hall takes himself out of the game and you bench Purdy? I know he stunk but he basically owns evert record in school history. Ride or die with him, I think Campbell might have lost the team a little today and I love what he’s done

At the end of the day Iowa State doesn’t just get to be the top dog because they can win a big rivalry game. Kirk Ferentz and Iowa have been building their program for 20 years and you cant just leap them over one game (if you did win) I’ve had some to drink today so I’ll correct errors tomorrow haha 

I can't disagree with any of this but I guess I just think a little more highly than you do. Your coaching is spectacular and that's attributed to what you said in "we do more with less" bc it's absolutely true. I agree with what you said about Georgia but them and Bama are in a league of their own. After watching TA&M yesterday, I'm not sold on them one bit and think y'all would handle them. I can't think of anyone aside from the top two that you wouldn't compete with. 

I was pretty surprised to see Purdy removed TBH. My biggest fear with Iowa is what OSU does a lot; lose a game you had no business losing. If you can keep it together though, hopefully we'll be seeing you in Indy but I've got no faith in OSU right now lol. Well, on one side of the ball at least. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I can't disagree with any of this but I guess I just think a little more highly than you do. Your coaching is spectacular and that's attributed to what you said in "we do more with less" bc it's absolutely true. I agree with what you said about Georgia but them and Bama are in a league of their own. After watching TA&M yesterday, I'm not sold on them one bit and think y'all would handle them. I can't think of anyone aside from the top two that you wouldn't compete with. 

I was pretty surprised to see Purdy removed TBH. My biggest fear with Iowa is what OSU does a lot; lose a game you had no business losing. If you can keep it together though, hopefully we'll be seeing you in Indy but I've got no faith in OSU right now lol. Well, on one side of the ball at least. 

I didn't realize Texas A&M barely beat Colorado so that was probably a bad example lol Maybe I am just trying not to get too high on our team because my friends and I are really hoping Iowa makes the Big 10 Championship because we love Indianapolis so much. Good start, but lots of work to do yet

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Fun start to the year 

Texas is back and then they aren’t 

UCLA and Oregon giving the PAC 12 the energy they haven’t had in awhile 

Clemson might not make the playoffs 

Notre Dame barely keeps winning 

Ohio State not for real? They will be fine but maybe they don’t make the playoffs 

Auburn at Penn State? Love they are doing that 

Nebraska goes back to Oklahoma lol

BYU takes down Utah

This would be the perfect year for the expanded playoffs (Yes I know Alabama and Georgia probably play in the national title again) 

Texas....water is wet.

UCLA looks pretty good. Oregon is hard to gauge. 

Clemson looks lost.

Notre Dame still living off past glory.

Ohio St coming back down to earth is FUN.

I was laughed at for wanting Harsin at Oregon. Penn St should be fun.

Nebraska....they aren't good. But is Oklahoma? Or is Tulane REALLY GOOD (I think so, actually).

Good open for BYU following the Big12 announcement.

100% agree on the playoffs. We've seen some usually good to great teams struggle against minor competition. If the season follows suit, oh boy would we have some unusual matchups. 

2 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

I didn't realize Texas A&M barely beat Colorado so that was probably a bad example lol Maybe I am just trying not to get too high on our team because my friends and I are really hoping Iowa makes the Big 10 Championship because we love Indianapolis so much. Good start, but lots of work to do yet

Hopefully we meet you in Indy, like I said, but I'm not thinking we'll get there unless we really start fixing a lot of things. Luckily our next couple games aren't the toughest of competitions so we'll see what we can do. Definitely gonna keep an eye on you guys though. I think you're the team to beat as of now.