Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Bengals (0-0)

swede700

Game 1

When:  1:00 PM EST September 12th

Where: Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers: Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston, Jen Hale

Coverage Map:  https://506sports.com/2021/01-FOX-E.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: OT Christian Darrisaw (groin), LB Anthony Barr (knee)

Bengals - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: CB Trae Waynes (hamstring) 

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

MIN - 24
CIN - 13

I hope it'll be something like that.  Either way, while we certainly can't say it's a "must-win" game, it certainly feels like it is if they want to be serious about contending this year.  You can't lose to a Zac Taylor squad that is probably running out one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL and will likely contend for the #1 pick again next year.

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I hope it'll be something like that.  Either way, while we certainly can't say it's a "must-win" game, it certainly feels like it is if they want to be serious about contending this year.  You can't lose to a Zac Taylor squad that is probably running out one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL and will likely contend for the #1 pick again next year.

I think it is a must win, if the team is to seriously compete this year. You could likely get a sack against this line....

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Yeah. We have a tough first four games.

100% gotta win this one and then at least 1 more against Seattle, Cleveland, or Arizona.

We should beat Detroit and Carolina which would get us to 4-2 into the bye which would be nice as we're playing sure playoff teams in Seattle, Cleveland, and Arizona. 

I don’t think that the first four games are as difficult as people think. 

I have yet to see anything from Cincinnati that would suggest they’re not a bottom 5 team. Arizona can be explosive, but they still lack a lot of player to make them consistent. Not to mention they’re down their top 2 cornerbacks. And I may be in the minority, but I think Cleveland takes a step backwards this year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think that the first four games are as difficult as people think. 

I have yet to see anything from Cincinnati that would suggest they’re not a bottom 5 team. Arizona can be explosive, but they still lack a lot of player to make them consistent. Not to mention they’re down their top 2 cornerbacks. And I may be in the minority, but I think Cleveland takes a step backwards this year. 

I don't think it's all that difficult either, but it will certainly tell us a lot about what kind of team they will be.  The first 2 games are clearly winnable, as I think very little of Arizona.  I've never been sold on Murray and I personally think Kingsbury is a joke...in fact, the first 2 teams on the schedule have head coaches that are in the top 2-3 guys that are the least deserving of having head coaching jobs in the NFL in the first place.  

Seattle is only being held afloat by Russ.  If the Vikings can keep Russ from having the opportunity to win the game at the end, unlike has happened several times in the past, including last year, they can beat Seattle.  They don't scare me.  And having the Browns at home is a plus.  I think the Browns will still be a very good team, but it is winnable as well...and you know that Zimmer isn't going to let his former assistant make him look bad. 

If they can come out of this stretch at least 3-1, they'll be there at the end of the season.  Anything less than that, there will still be questions as to what kind of team they will be.

• Like 1