Week 2 GDT: NY Football Giants (0-1) vs Washington Football Team (0-1) - 8 pm EST Thursday

MikeT14

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

*shrug* Guess we're going to have to differ on that.

Trent Green is not as athletic as Heinicke so I don’t see how that can be the comp, Green is 2 inches taller and has a stronger arm. The comp for Trent Green to me is Kirk Cousins.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

@WozTrading Cam Sims doesn’t make sense, if we have another injury at WR, we’ll need him. I understand wanting to play Dyami to have him develop, I don’t understand playing Dyami right now if Cam Sims is a better WR who can help you win games.

It's admittedly a gamble. But you have to think that he's going to be gone 8 games later, which would only net you a possibility of a compensatory pick in 2023.

Obviously, if they have any injuries in the WR or they don't get a mid-round offer, you keep him.

43 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The point about Darby was Darby vs WJ3, that’s the discussion. Keeping Darby for continuity may have been the better move for continuity and he played well last year too. Talent wise I guess WJ3 may be a little more talented but isn’t much.

Darby was a reclamation project. They made a cheap one year play at him for $3M. That said, I don't think they believed in him at $10M/AAV. As such, they let him walk.

It was a cost-benefit analysis. While Jackson might not know the whole system, he looks as good as Darby does at this point did last year. This is one where I don't I have a real problem.

49 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t see any reason why Leno shouldn’t be starting. I stand by my point that at this point I think Lucas is better than Cosmi & he should be starting.

*shrugs* I haven't been completely impressed with Leno.

50 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I would’ve stuck with Moreland too. I tried to explain the love, but I didn’t like cutting him and all Daryl Robert’s has been as inactive, so it makes the move look even stupider. We could’ve kept McTyer, Moreland & Apke & made McTyer inactive. I definitely understand them wanting to play St. Juste, but it’s another if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Fuller on the outside w/ Moreland in the slot w/ Darby opposite, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

*shrugs* I guess they thought they could upgrade.

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

As far as Collins goes, Rivera should’ve grown a pair and told Collins you’re playing WLB bc we think that’s what for the team. If you don’t want to play WLB then you’re going to be on the bench except in nickel packages when we go with 3 safeties sometimes.

Whats he gonna do then? Ask for a trade? Sure have at it, no one wants his contract, he’s be stuck on the bench until he gave in basically.

Again, it could be a demonstration to the owner that the call was wrong so that if/when the cut him, it's not a major problem for the front office.

37 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Chad Pennington

Chad Pennington wasn’t that athletic, he was a pocket passer. He didn’t run around a lot like Heinicke and make a lot of off scheduled plays. Heinicke’s comps to me are smaller really athletic guys with a lot of moxy who play like there’s no tomorrow I.e. Colt McCoy or Baker Mayfield/Tony Romo with less arm strength.

9 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Even coming out of college, it was below average, but yes, the injuries turned his arm into a noodle.  

It's been a long time but I vaguely remember it being acceptable to average coming out of college ... *shrugs*

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t like the comp. Trent Green was not as athletic as Heinicke. The comp for Heinicke is Tony Romo.

See I just thought it was too early to say Romo. Because their game is very similar but I actually have a ton of respect for Romo. And while Green wasn’t as athletic I did want to comp him to a player that was here and in my life that is the closest thing I can remember. Again Trent was in the run first era but just watching Taylor place the ball like he does I thought Green was that type of thrower here

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If we had gone 6-10, we could’ve drafted Justin Fields with our natural pick. That one game was a franchise changing win - in a bad way - if we had lost 1 more game we’d possibly have our QB of the future in house already.

This is what I keep saying.

The playoff berth did nothing positive for us. But many negatives. The one win changed the calculus for our team in terms of personnel selection and retention. After all, why do we need to continue a rebuild when we just won the division (*)?

(*) in a dumpster fire year but the people proudly proclaiming "division champions" aren't seeing the forest for the trees.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I cannot believe the amount of crap Florio is going on about with the offsides penalty. It was clear as day offsides. 

Watch the bottom video. Florio hates our team so he's a biased POS. He goes on and on about the top video.

But watch the bottom one. Lawrence was already lined up right on the LOS. Any movement was going to put him over the line. 

The bottom one pauses it frame by frame. 

It was offsides. And Florio needs to STHU (*)

(*) I have a different 3rd letter there in person, but rules are rules.

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Watch the bottom video. Florio hates our team so he's a biased POS. He goes on and on about the top video.

But watch the bottom one. Lawrence was already lined up right on the LOS. Any movement was going to put him over the line. 

The bottom one pauses it frame by frame. 

It was offsides. And Florio needs to STHU (*)

(*) I have a different 3rd letter there in person, but rules are rules.

Florio has an ax to grind, always has.  I’ve stopped using PFT at this point.  

• Like 1