The Good, the Bad, the undefeated Raiders baby!!! Post-game chat week one.

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Appreciate the optimism and I hope you're right. But I am looking for a lot more from a top 20 pick than "be a good backup" in year 2 and beyond.

And the fact that he's 25 already and was a multiple year starter at one of the biggest schools in college, and he's still not playing is a big red flag.

Too early to tell but he looks like yet another bust.

2 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

And the fact that he's 25 already and was a multiple year starter at one of the biggest schools in college, and he's still not playing is a big red flag.

Too early to tell but he looks like yet another bust.

I think regardless of his age, he needs to sit and learn

27 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Appreciate the optimism and I hope you're right. But I am looking for a lot more from a top 20 pick than "be a good backup" in year 2 and beyond.

100%, but it is what it is. I actually think he can play right now, but Hayward is a vet. A lot of corners need time. Both Robertson and Arnette could get their chance and they're young so if they do they'll hold on to the job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

100%, but it is what it is. I actually think he can play right now, but Hayward is a vet. A lot of corners need time. Both Robertson and Arnette could get their chance and they're young so if they do they'll hold on to the job.

Fair enough. However like someone above mentioned the fact he's already 25, was a starting CB for a big program for so many years and he still needs more seasons to earn playing time is a major red flag. Maybe he becomes an all-pro CB at 26 and we all get excited. More likely though he finally develops into an average starting CB in a season or two and falls far short of expectations for pick #19. 

I am hoping for the best but our draft history doesn't warrant benefit of the doubt.

• Like 3