The Good, the Bad, the undefeated Raiders baby!!! Post-game chat week one.

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Notice how the best people who played on defense were brought in with Bradley

Last year defense would’ve folded the way the offense was sucking. Yesterday they FINISHED the game all 4qts and ot and never gave up. Props to the new dc. They played all gas no brakes for him. 

• Like 1

Just rewatched the game play by play 😵

O-line

• The worst olineman was Leatherwood who was beat on speed rushes and inside moves... did well if they ran straight into him though!
  • The guards (mainly Simpson) didn't recognise stunts or blitzes and allowed free runners (does this fall on James?)
  • People need to rewatch the game on Andre James, I'd only really question his ability to call stunts and blitzes as said above..
    • His pass protection was solid and he did great getting to the next level on run plays
      • The snap play was a bit of a weird one with the WR confusion...
      • On the 1on1 run blocks he lost it felt like he was either supposed to have help or the RB didn't hit the right lane
      • Holding call on the 10 yard Jacobs run was BS
      • Leatherwood had already blown his block on the Jacobs sweep
      • I'll admit he got thrown aside by Campbell in overtime...
  • Moreau was terrible when pulling for a block... no idea how he was inline

D-line / LBs

• Jefferson and Philon should be the starters and both looked fast and aggressive
  • Hankins looked really lackluster... was easilly single blocked on run and pass plays
  • Thomas looked meh and I think Ferrell should have had the start over him
  • Wright - Didn't see much of him. Was attacked by people for looking slow compared to Watkins? Had the good TFL but also looked to have lost his gap on the Murray TD
  • Kwit - Looked decent, people blamed him for what looked like a blown coverage by Mullens and for getting beat deep by Watkins... shouldn't Moerig be over the top?
  • Perryman - Looked good and got stuck in!
  • Littleton - This guy should not be in the NFL. I've never seen a LB avoid contact so much, he jogs to the action and appears to deliberatly get blocked out of it... 
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Someone said we would've been a playoff team with Lamar last year.....

Upon review, with his ball security, if he was taking the blindside hits Carr has taken in his career, he would've set the record for career fumbles by now. 

The grass is always greener on the other side(especially when you don’t know football) lol

Edited by Jeremy408

Just now, oakdb36 said:

Abram played a very good game.

Yep I just re-watch The last drive and overtime. 

Something that’s going to go completely I noticed was how he knocked the ball out against Mark Andrews on white would’ve been a first down which set up that third down where Carl Nassib caused the fumble. 

It looks like it was a simpler Defense and real coaching he is a different player(like I said he would be). But only time will tell.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yep I just re-watch The last drive and overtime. 

Something that’s going to go completely I noticed was how he knocked the ball out against Mark Andrews on white would’ve been a first down which set up that third down where Carl Nassib caused the fumble. 

It looks like it was a simpler Defense and real coaching he is a different player(like I said he would be). But only time will tell.

It was the only easy play to highlight from him but he was rock solid all game. Different attitude and finally disciplined. One negative play i witnessed was losing contain on a Lamar scramble early in the game but it's Lamar Jackson. And he still recovered to push Lamar out of bounds on that play.

Edited by oakdb36

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

It was the only easy play to highlight from him but he was rock solid all game. Different attitude and finally disciplined. One negative play i witnessed was losing contain on a Lamar scramble early in the game but it's Lamar Jackson. And he still recovered to push Lamar out of bounds on that play.

LOL yeah I called it last week he was at least going to get shook by Lamar Jackson once. 

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

On the other hand, not sure what to make of Moehrig's tackling ability. Gotta wrap up.

Yeah that’s some thing that I’ve been nervous about concerning him even since before we drafted him. That’s actually one of the key reasons why I wanted Richy Grant