The Good, the Bad, the undefeated Raiders baby!!! Post-game chat week one.

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Carr is a legit deep threat QB. I have to admit I was scared that he's just gonna check down the whole game but he came through.

After the first drive fell apart it seemed like he wasn’t seeing the field very well could of been jitters maybe locked on to Waller too much. 

• Like 1

Good:

We won. 

CROSBY

Yannick

Nassib coming in clutch

4th Q offense

Carlson

Edwards at the end

Bad:

We still need DTs. 

Too many balls to Waller

Carr's first half and much of the 3rd. 

Play calling at times.

Getting stopped on 4th and short

Jacobs being hurt hamstrings the O

The Ugly:

The Snead INT. You have to catch that. Period. This is why he doesn't stick with teams. 

Penalties on the O-line killed several drives.

James looks like poo for the most part.

The zebras not calling blatant holds on Crosby.

Ruggs being the size of a 12 year old and getting out-muscled all night. If he can't take 4 seconds to get wide open with his "blazing speed", he's virtually useless. This ain't Bama, and you're not feasting on cupcakes and Arena League talent anymore. This is the big leagues, and you have to have more than just speed. 

Mark Davis. 

Commentary's knob slobbing on Lamar all night. Dude's not a good passer, and if a pass rush stays on their lane or am adequate spy is kept on him, he can very much be neutralized. 

Abram is still sloppier than Waffle House after-effects on coverage and tackling. He's Madden Hit Stick or bust.

Leavitt being on the field, ever. I thought that nightmare surely ended. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Myles Garrett had 1 tackle and 2 pressures last year week 1 against the Ravens. Lamar was only sacked twice and pressured 4 times in that game. I think you can make a strong case that having two healthy Pro Bowl OT in Orlando Brown and Ronnie Stanley as well as 3 healthy backs that knew the system played a part in it. Our pass rush was amazing tonight but the Ravens had Ronnie Stanley playing his first game since his injury and 32 year old Alejandro Villanueva who reportedly struggled all of training camp. Not having Gus Edwards, JK Dobbins, or Mark Ingram definitely made an impact. 

This was the built-in excuse I was talking about last week that would come up but you already mentioned you were wrong so it’s all good LOL. 

Great showing On both sides of the ball to finish the game. My only problem with this game is that this is where they usually start losing because they treat winning a regular season game against a really good opponent like it’s the Super Bowl.

The hope is with all of the veterans they have on the team they will bring the same intensity in next week and drop off against a more difficult opponent the Steelers

3 hours ago, Ryno said:

The Good

• The defense overall - With Crosby, Ngakoue, and Nassib standing out!
  • Cole and Carlson being amazing
  • The running backs picking up blocks
  • The o-line held up pretty well considering...
  • The offense recovered after the terrible start

The Bad

• The hold on Crosby on the early Jackson passing TD
  • Renfrow is too valuable to be on special teams!
  • The inexperience showed on the O-line

and The Ugly

• The amount of whinging in the gameday thread
  • The thread I created doubting Crosby
  • Cory Littleton in the run game always missing his assignment and looks like he actively avoids contact
  • The 1st quarter offense / forcing passes to Waller

+ The What I seem to have saw differently to most

• Outside the rogue snap.. I think Andre James played better than expected and I feel he was supposed to have more help from John Simpson...
  • John Abram looked good
  • Nassib didn't get nearly enough recognition outside of his sack fumble... he was pushing the pocket every rep

+ The I have no idea

•  How did Trevon Moehrig/the secondary do overall?
  • How individuals in the interior line played

You know I didn’t wanna be the first one to say it but I actually was thinking the same exact thing.

Besides the snap and the holding calls(which I know is a lot in and of itself) He actually did really well in terms of run blocking and pass blocking but no one’s gonna catch that because of those things.

something I don’t like though is I still wasn’t able to find out if Trevon Moehrig Can actually tackle or not.

Jonathan Abram looked much improved but I knew that was gonna happen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

And people on here were trying to tell me that Ngakoue was an overrated signing LOL

I wouldn't say overrated so much as possibly over hyped. 

Him and Crosby on the field? Aces. 

If the plan was he and Ferrell's useless @$$, what would be the point when Crosby was not the issue? 

I, for one, am glad they're using he and Crosby and admitting that Ferrell is a sink cost. 

26 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Someone said we would've been a playoff team with Lamar last year.....

Upon review, with his ball security, if he was taking the blindside hits Carr has taken in his career, he would've set the record for career fumbles by now. 

Aye gotta give credit to our defense my boy maxx was on his case all night plus seemed like every time lamar ran he was taking body shots. #77 and #96 I think made him pay in the middle. If Lamar looks the same next week I’ll agree with you but for now I’m giving props to our defense. 🤷🏾‍♂️