The Good, the Bad, the undefeated Raiders baby!!! Post-game chat week one.

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I was gonna say anyone that rewatched it can they confirm hr3 was open hella times. I just saw hr3 getting jammed and imo he looks slower than 4.3

I feel like a lot of other fans in here it’s not going to happen with him. Is it him is it Carr is it Gruden/OC don’t know 

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

I feel like a lot of other fans in here it’s not going to happen with him. Is it him is it Carr is it Gruden/OC don’t know 

It's Gruden. He wanted his own version of Tyreek Hill. There is no such thing, he's one of a kind. 

The obvious choice was Lamb who Mayock wanted and who will be an all-pro WR soon.

14 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Anybody watch the Manning Bros simulcast share any insight to what they saw tidbits etc

It was good.  They were calling everything out.  It was like watching 3 Romos in the booth together.  They even called the hard count on the goal line when Leatherwood jumped.  They said it a few times that you do not do a hard count in that situation and right when Leatherwood jumped all 3 knew it.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I had Lamb and Jeudy in front of Ruggs.  I wanted to go Kinlaw at 12 and take whatever WR dropped to us.  

I hate doing the sky is falling with Ruggs after the W but it’s just noticeable obviously towards the end Carr threw to him and Edwards finally. We just want them to get more opportunities early 

1 hour ago, Ryno said:

Just rewatched the game play by play 😵

O-line

• The worst olineman was Leatherwood who was beat on speed rushes and inside moves... did well if they ran straight into him though!
  • The guards (mainly Simpson) didn't recognise stunts or blitzes and allowed free runners (does this fall on James?)
  • People need to rewatch the game on Andre James, I'd only really question his ability to call stunts and blitzes as said above..
    • His pass protection was solid and he did great getting to the next level on run plays
      • The snap play was a bit of a weird one with the WR confusion...
      • On the 1on1 run blocks he lost it felt like he was either supposed to have help or the RB didn't hit the right lane
      • Holding call on the 10 yard Jacobs run was BS
      • Leatherwood had already blown his block on the Jacobs sweep
      • I'll admit he got thrown aside by Campbell in overtime...
  • Moreau was terrible when pulling for a block... no idea how he was inline

D-line / LBs

• Jefferson and Philon should be the starters and both looked fast and aggressive
  • Hankins looked really lackluster... was easilly single blocked on run and pass plays
  • Thomas looked meh and I think Ferrell should have had the start over him
  • Wright - Didn't see much of him. Was attacked by people for looking slow compared to Watkins? Had the good TFL but also looked to have lost his gap on the Murray TD
  • Kwit - Looked decent, people blamed him for what looked like a blown coverage by Mullens and for getting beat deep by Watkins... shouldn't Moerig be over the top?
  • Perryman - Looked good and got stuck in!
  • Littleton - This guy should not be in the NFL. I've never seen a LB avoid contact so much, he jogs to the action and appears to deliberatly get blocked out of it... 

moehrig on that play has to play Brown first who is also heading up field then help over top. Have no issues with what he did there. It’s why speed at LB is important cause he has to run with that inner WR on that cover 3 beater. Great playcall by the Ravens to catch a slow LB there 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Anyone else concerned that’s it week one and josh already banged up its 16 more games left at least 🤦🏽‍♂️

I didn’t even think of that not ideal. Also Waller was getting rocked yesterday as well with all that usage give the big man a rest day during the week 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I had 1) jeff 2) claypool 3)tall wr from Clemson forgot his name remember hr3 wasn’t even in my top 5

Higgins.  I really liked Jefferson but everyone was against it because they thought he would have to play in the slot.  Claypool was good value in the 2nd.  I ould have wanted to wait until the 3rd round.  I would not have taken him in the 1st but he did perform like a 1st rounder last year.