Week 2 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hasty likely heading to IR. Noted he'll miss some weeks

So is Givens with the high ankle sprain...No one picked up Daniels off the practice squad, correct??

Hasty ran the ball so hard yesterday so this sucks to see. Also got hurt on the play where he fumbled it off the pitch...Which is probably not a play you want to run when you are trying to kill the clock and don't want to turn it over lol. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So is Givens with the high ankle sprain...No one picked up Daniels off the practice squad, correct??

Hasty ran the ball so hard yesterday so this sucks to see. Also got hurt on the play where he fumbled it off the pitch...Which is probably not a play you want to run when you are trying to kill the clock and don't want to turn it over lol. 

Hurst is coming back next week, so no need to add Daniels. 

also, after reading up on recovery times for high ankle sprains, it doesn’t seem like we’ll see hasty again until mid December. I read it can take 6 weeks for the bone to heal and 3 months for the soft tissue. Going off that time line, he’d be back for the final 2 or 3 regular season games. 

Meh, we were killing with them with those outside tosses. Have no issue with the call. Hasty just didn't't secure the catch for whatever reason. Sucked at the time but that's not on Shanny.

Edited by 757-NINER

So how many of you think we'll move on from McG after this year?? Like what's his market? Is he a top 10 RT? Top 20? And what does that contract look like?

Personally, I think the combo Moore, McKivitiz and probably another draft pick can compete for the job and we look to move him. I'd rather take that money and try to resign Tomlinson to a decent deal than to grant him that 5th year. Thoughts??? 

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

So how many of you think we'll move on from McG after this year?? Like what's his market? Is he a top 10 RT? Top 20? And what does that contract look like?

Personally, I think the combo Moore, McKivitiz and probably another draft pick can compete for the job and we look to move him. I'd rather take that money and try to resign Tomlinson to a decent deal than to grant him that 5th year. Thoughts??? 

McG will be here next year. 5th year option was picked up and it's fully guaranteed. I doubt they move him. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 2

My thing is he's due a little over 10 million next year. Even for only one year, is he really worth that?? I mean 10 million for a OT isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. But I'd like that money to go elsewhere if I'm being honest. I just don't think McG is good. He's good in the run game but I think he's a horrid pass-protector. Maybe he has a bounce back year and this becomes a moot point. But I've seen little to no improvement from him the past two years.

7 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

My thing is he's due a little over 10 million next year. Even for only one year, is he really worth that?? I mean 10 million for a OT isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. But I'd like that money to go elsewhere if I'm being honest. I just don't think McG is good. He's good in the run game but I think he's a horrid pass-protector. Maybe he has a bounce back year and this becomes a moot point. But I've seen little to no improvement from him the past two years.

I will say this, not only will he be on the team but he will be extended. Lol 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 3

After catching up on reading this site, I am always so glad I am not here during the game. Wow. 😏 

This was one of those defensive struggle type of games--which are my favorite, actually. Offenses shooting it out in high scoring games are not as fun to me as a game like this. I love having a stout D and perhaps a ball control O. No issues at all with it. Reminds me of the way football used to be, before all the rules that so obviously favor the O. In my opinion, overall, it was a better, more consistent effort against the Eagles than it was last week against the Lions. 

You can rescind that though so it's not guaranteed but I expect him back for next season as well. 

Don't believe that is the case starting with the 2018 class. The options became fully guaranteed and not just injury guaranteed until the start of the year. I would assume that negates the ability to rescind the option

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Counterpoint, we continue to pay Jimmy G 25 lol

Mcg will be back for the option at the very least. Especially without an avenue for a true upgrade