Week 2 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

We still haven't figured out mobile QBs. I mean that last Philly drive was just inexcusable imo. You have to rush to contain, not trying to close hard on the edge and get sacks/stats. And why we didn't just rush 3 and funnel everything to the middle of the field is beyond me but you can't bring pressure up the middle and not get home. You asking a guy like Hurts to sneak out the backside with absolutely no defender within 10 yards of him. Happy with the win but Ryans and his situational stuff needs to get ironed out rather quickly. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ah man, that's terrible. You guys still have a strong DL though. Time for Sweat to shine and earn his money. 

He's the heart and soul of our defense and plays such sound ball though. A tough blow for our only truly good unit on defense. Hope Brooks didn't tear his pec. Dude's injury luck has been crap.

• Like 1

I have no problems with Lenior. Even with the 91 yard play, I put that on Ryans in that I'm not having a rookie one on one in press-man with no safety help. Rather let Norman be the guy on the island. He's a vet and savvy enough to not give up a huge plays. 

But you just take your lumps with him, knowing he'll be better on the backend. Kid is going to be a baller. Didn't let that big play affect him. Had some sticky coverage for the most part. Even when Moseley is healthy, I think he still starts and Norman is the 3rd CB. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

We still haven't figured out mobile QBs. I mean that last Philly drive was just inexcusable imo. You have to rush to contain, not trying to close hard on the edge and get sacks/stats. And why we didn't just rush 3 and funnel everything to the middle of the field is beyond me but you can't bring pressure up the middle and not get home. You asking a guy like Hurts to sneak out the backside with absolutely no defender within 10 yards of him. Happy with the win but Ryans and his situational stuff needs to get ironed out rather quickly. 

It was Ford who lost contain and inexcusably rushed inside when we had a inside blitz called...He did that TWICE. If he doesn't do that, then Hurts is able to get on the outside. Need to play Ebukam more vs mobile QBs.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He's the heart and soul of our defense and plays such sound ball though. A tough blow for our only truly good unit on defense. Hope Brooks didn't tear his pec. Dude's injury luck has been crap.

Loved Brandon coming out. Awful blow. Honestly, hurts looks like a QB who belongs. You guys have a solid roster and the receivers have insane upside. Just a young roster that needs those lumps.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

Loved Brandon coming out. Awful blow. Honestly, hurts looks like a QB who belongs. You guys have a solid roster and the receivers have insane upside. Just a young roster that needs those lumps.

I was bullish on Reagor as a prospect. He hasn't excatly lit the the world on fire but I think the kid is a stud if he can stay healthy. He and Smith are definitely a good young duo to grow and develop with Hurts imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Wish some Eagles fans would realize this lol.

But, yeah I'm not sold one way or another if Hurts is the guy, but his arm is kind of limiting.

The part that worries me is our depth behind the starters. We've stayed healthy through camp and week 1, but losing Brooks and Graham wouldn't be great for week 2 of a 17 week season. We need to stay healthy especially with the next 4 weeks being Cowboys, Panthers, Bucs, and Chiefs. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

I was bullish on Reagor as a prospect. He hasn't excatly lit the the world on fire but I think the kid is a stud if he can stay healthy. He and Smith are definitely a good young duo to grow and develop with Hurts imo.

Was pissed he stepped out on that TD bomb. 

Wanted to see him rewarded after he down blocked Bosa to his knees. I'm sure that is a rare occurrence.

50 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Was pissed he stepped out on that TD bomb. 

Wanted to see him rewarded after he down blocked Bosa to his knees. I'm sure that is a rare occurrence.

Nah, Bosa was chipped and on the ground a few times today. Sad that the Eagles paid a LT 100M and still had to revert to chipping him! 

Looks like the entire division is going to be 2-0...Yay!!!!

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, Bosa was chipped and on the ground a few times today. Sad that the Eagles paid a LT 100M and still had to revert to chipping him! 

Looks like the entire division is going to be 2-0...Yay!!!!

Vikings could still help us out!