Chase Young turning into a bust?

mar29020

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

the DPOY player we thought we would eventually get when we drafted him.

Change that to YOU, not WE. I watched a bunch of film before and after we drafted him . I just never saw the "greatness" . I didn't like the pick then and hate it now . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mar29020 said:

well he's right so far, 1.5 sacks and a torn acl in his second year.

The film don’t line, if our secondary was better the first half of the season Chase would have at least 5 sacks the first half of the season but when your secondary can’t cover my 89-year old grandma the QB has no problem getting rid of the ball in 2 seconds before the pass rush can get home.

There are 12 plays where he was a step away from a sack in the video I posted. If we had better secondary play and the QB had to hold the ball a second longer, he gets home for more sacks, maybe 5 times more. Plus he had two sacks taken away on bogus roughing the passer calls, but I’m sure you’re happy about that bc it means less sacks for him so it helps your narrative that you want him to be a bust when it’s all said and so you can brag about how you were right.

And what do you mean a torn ACL in his second year? Like he deserved that or something? Why do you root against our own players so much? 

I get you didn’t want to draft him, but we did and he’s ours. I don’t understand why anyone roots against him or seems to want to see him fail so you can be right about a prediction you had.

Why don’t you just say it. You hate Chase Young. At least we’d know where you stand, not that we can’t already read between the lines with this ridiculous thread you created.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I think if given a redo of the 2020 NFL Draft - The Majority would pass on Chase Young .

I don’t think it would be “passing on Chase Young” per say, I’d say if the 2019 draft was redrafted that Herbert & Burrow would go #1 & 2 and arguably in that order. There’s a strong case to be made that Herbert is the best prospect period to come out of the 2019 draft and NOBODY predicted that on draft day so your point is moot. 

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think it would be “passing on Chase Young” per say, I’d say if the 2019 draft was redrafted that Herbert & Burrow would go #1 & 2 and arguably in that order. There’s a strong case to be made that Herbert is the best prospect period to come out of the 2019 draft and NOBODY predicted that on draft day so your point is moot. 

you just built your famous STRAWMAN .😆

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

you just built your famous STRAWMAN .😆

Most if not all scouts/GMs wouldn’t have passed on Chase Young at #2 in the draft. So, your thought isn’t correct and obviously we can’t redo the draft. He’s on the team right now, let’s root for him and not against him.

46 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Most if not all scouts/GMs wouldn’t have passed on Chase Young at #2 in the draft. So, your thought isn’t correct and obviously we can’t redo the draft. He’s on the team right now, let’s root for him and not against him.

To be clear, I meant the fans on our Forum would pass ( given the chance ) on Chase Young . Guess we need a poll . JK🤪

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The film don’t line, if our secondary was better the first half of the season Chase would have at least 5 sacks the first half of the season but when your secondary can’t cover my 89-year old grandma the QB has no problem getting rid of the ball in 2 seconds before the pass rush can get home.

There are 12 plays where he was a step away from a sack in the video I posted. If we had better secondary play and the QB had to hold the ball a second longer, he gets home for more sacks, maybe 5 times more. Plus he had two sacks taken away on bogus roughing the passer calls, but I’m sure you’re happy about that bc it means less sacks for him so it helps your narrative that you want him to be a bust when it’s all said and so you can brag about how you were right.

And what do you mean a torn ACL in his second year? Like he deserved that or something? Why do you root against our own players so much? 

I get you didn’t want to draft him, but we did and he’s ours. I don’t understand why anyone roots against him or seems to want to see him fail so you can be right about a prediction you had.

Why don’t you just say it. You hate Chase Young. At least we’d know where you stand, not that we can’t already read between the lines with this ridiculous thread you created.

all I see here are a bunch of excuses. 1.5 sacks for the 2nd overall pick is trash. Now he has a torn ACL. He is a dissapointment thus far.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

all I see here are a bunch of excuses. 1.5 sacks for the 2nd overall pick is trash. Now he has a torn ACL. He is a dissapointment thus far.

It's incredible to me that your only argument for him being "trash" is that he had 1.5 sacks. Do you watch the games? I honestly don't think you do. If you did, you'd see how teams game plan to stop him, opening things up for other guys such as Jon Allen. When Jon Allen is no longer able to get to the QB as well as he has you'll start to see how Chase Young has effected games. Also you'd see how good he is against the run. 

Do I think he under performed this year? Yes, hard to argue against that. But to call him "trash" and "a disappointment" is absolute blasphemy. Watch some film. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

To be clear, I meant the fans on our Forum would pass ( given the chance ) on Chase Young . Guess we need a poll . JK🤪

Well let me be clear that you weren’t clear! 😂 

Also, it still doesn’t matter bc there isn’t a chance to redo the draft after it happens. We had a thread for the 2020 draft and I’d say 99% of the forum wanted to draft Chase Young over anyone but Burrow. Dems the facts!

12 hours ago, Scott Land said:

It's incredible to me that your only argument for him being "trash" is that he had 1.5 sacks. Do you watch the games? I honestly don't think you do. If you did, you'd see how teams game plan to stop him, opening things up for other guys such as Jon Allen. When Jon Allen is no longer able to get to the QB as well as he has you'll start to see how Chase Young has effected games. Also you'd see how good he is against the run. 

Do I think he under performed this year? Yes, hard to argue against that. But to call him "trash" and "a disappointment" is absolute blasphemy. Watch some film. 

film?! the LAST thing i want to do is rewatch our games!

2 hours ago, mar29020 said:

film?! the LAST thing i want to do is rewatch our games!

And there in-lies the problem, you’re allowing one stat column to dictate to you how good a defensive lineman is, where if you’d just watch the YouTube clips from swayrun21 that I posted the page before of Chase you’d see that he had an impact even if he hast gotten home for more sacks but lazy evaluating leads to wrong evaluation and overreactions.