Chase Young turning into a bust?

mar29020

24 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

So sorry for the kid - Just hope he can come back 100%. Any vet D E s available ?

Trent Murphy, Bruce Irvin, Adrian Clayborn, John Simon, Ziggy Ansah, Vic Beasley & Dion Jordan

I’m not sure if Ron will bring in any of these guys in for work outs as anyone can make the case that one of them should’ve been in our trading camp and our 3rd DE the first half of the year, but that’s the list I could come up with.

Just now, RSkinGM said:

Trade deadline is come and gone. That name I've never heard 😀

He’s the DE that the Raiders (Gruden & Mayock) took over at #4 in the 2019 draft over guys like Brian Burns & Montez Sweat bc they liked Ferrell’s size better against the run, obviously ignoring that Burns & Sweat we’re far more athletic and better pass rushers. Ferrell has been as big of a bust as Solomon Thomas as a DE.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Trent Murphy, Bruce Irvin, Adrian Clayborn, John Simon, Ziggy Ansah, Vic Beasley & Dion Jordan

I’m not sure if Ron will bring in any of these guys in for work outs as anyone can make the case that one of them should’ve been in our trading camp and our 3rd DE the first half of the year, but that’s the list I could come up with.

So right now we have Toohill, Toney , Smith Williams, Rotimi, and Bradley-King on the P S .. we better be blitzing so corners. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

He’s the DE that the Raiders (Gruden & Mayock) took over at #4 in the 2019 draft over guys like Brian Burns & Montez Sweat bc they liked Ferrell’s size better against the run, obviously ignoring that Burns & Sweat we’re far more athletic and better pass rushers. Ferrell has been as big of a bust as Solomon Thomas as a DE.

Oh yeah, sure. I do remember him . 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Would be cool if Ryan Kerrigan asked for the eagles to release him so he could come home. 

I doubt Ron would want him - he didn’t last spring but maybe things would be different now because of Chase & Tez’s injuries. I do think all WFT fans would want him back to play the final 8 games with us this year, that would be cool. 😎 

Beyond that, Ryan hasn’t even had the season he had last year. He only has 1 tackle, 1 tackle for loss, 1 pass defensed and 2 QB hits in 10 games for the Eagles. I’m guessing he probably signs a one-day contract with us in the spring and retires.

Edited by turtle28

I am sorry for Chase and really hate any type of injury but.... 

Why doesn't this feel like a big loss to me? I mean - my wife was looking at me and repeatedly asking if I was ok. I looked at her and realized I could care less (other than injuries are awful and I hate to see them). That in of itself is for telling......

To me - no show OTAs, no vaccine, no discipline and playing off script.... I guess he kind of fell to the wayside of my fandom. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Troublez said:

Why doesn't this feel like a big loss to me? I mean - my wife was looking at me and repeatedly asking if I was ok. I looked at her and realized I could care less (other than injuries are awful and I hate to see them). That in of itself is for telling......

To me - no show OTAs, no vaccine, no discipline and playing off script.... I guess he kind of fell to the wayside of my fandom. 

We’ll find out going forward how much of a loss it is bc I think most expect OLs to double Jon Allen every play now plus offenses won’t have to chip Toohill, JSW, Toney and Rotimi which means TEs & RBs can get out into their patterns quicker.

Also, beyond that this sets Chase’s development back a year most likely so it could be even longer until we see the true impact we expected out of him - if we ever do.

Sadly, this is a long line of players we drafted high getting injured or killed when you expect them to be progressing into a super star or when they’re finally progressing into the star/super star we thought we’d get when we drafted them.

1. 2000: Michael Westbrook tears his ACL after he had a career year in 1999 and was a main reason why we won the division, a playoff game and nearly made the NFCCG.

2. 2004: Lavar Arrington tore his lateral meniscus and was really never the same after that, then he re-injured the injury rehabbing in April of 2005.

3. 2007: Obviously when Sean Taylor was killed

4. 2012: RG3’s knee injury which forever changed his fate not only in Washington but his entire career as he was never the same after it, just like Westbrook.

5. 2010/2011: Laron Landry has an Achilles injury that he couldn’t play through in two straight seasons when he was finally starting to play like a pro bowl strong safety for us then, we didn’t franchise him in 2012 and he went to the NY Jets and was a pro bowl SS.

6. Now Chase Young. I hope this is just a blimp on the radar in a 10 plus year career for him but it does make me worry that this knee injury could keep him from developing into the DPOY player we thought we would eventually get when we drafted him.

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, Troublez said:

Its because the season is pointless

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Troublez said:

i feel the same, i just didnt care. Plus he wasn't performing. He's doesnt deserve half the hype he gets. IMO extremely overrated coming out of college, he was talked about like he was the next julies peppers.