Chase Young turning into a bust?

mar29020

4 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

You continually prove my point at how you literally don't watch any football. 2 sacks in 2 games. Kind of weird how that happens after Chase Young gets hurt isn't it? I'm hoping that you are just trolling at this point, or else you really have no clue. 

hmm, the defense is playing way better without chase also. Just another coincidence? ;) 

4 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

Chase Young played the first half against TOM BRADY. When did the Bucs score? Had 3 points when Chase was playing and scored 16 without him. 

i'm just telling you the trend pal. Chase's backups are playing better then him. But keep defending mr 1.5 sacks with a torn acl, i'll sit back and continue to LAUGH!

1 minute ago, mar29020 said:

i'm just telling you the trend pal. Chase's backups are playing better then him. But keep defending mr 1.5 sacks with a torn acl, i'll sit back and continue to LAUGH!

I'm not surprised that you're going to laugh because you're not an actual fan. His backups are literally no where near where the play is happening. Do you not realize who they played when he was playing compared to who they have played/who they have upcoming? No, because I keep forgetting you don't watch. The whole defense started playing well when Landon Collins switched to LB rather than safety. If you did watch, you'd see that. 

14 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

I'm not surprised that you're going to laugh because you're not an actual fan. His backups are literally no where near where the play is happening. Do you not realize who they played when he was playing compared to who they have played/who they have upcoming? No, because I keep forgetting you don't watch. The whole defense started playing well when Landon Collins switched to LB rather than safety. If you did watch, you'd see that. 

ive been here since 2013 on this forum, through bad times and good. Also been a fan in real life since 03. Now you, johnny come lately with less then 40 posts calling me not an actual fan, HA! Thank you for the late night laugh :). 

1 minute ago, mar29020 said:

ive been here since 2013 on this forum, through bad times and good. Also been a fan in real life since 03. Now you, johnny come lately with less then 40 posts calling me not an actual fan, HA! Thank you for the late night laugh :). 

I have been telling myself to be done with this thread for the last week and a half because it's so absurd it's laughable, but you keep giving me layups. I've been reading this forum for years and never created an account because I just liked to read and see what was being said, until I started reading what you say. Just because you have been on this forum since 2013 doesn't mean you're true a fan? Laughing because our franchise player has a torn acl isn't fandom. "Johnny come lately" will continue to prove you wrong at every aspect of this until you come to your senses. Enjoy this win! 😃

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Scott Land said:

I have been telling myself to be done with this thread for the last week and a half because it's so absurd it's laughable, but you keep giving me layups. I've been reading this forum for years and never created an account because I just liked to read and see what was being said, until I started reading what you say. Just because you have been on this forum since 2013 doesn't mean you're true a fan? Laughing because our franchise player has a torn acl isn't fandom. "Johnny come lately" will continue to prove you wrong at every aspect of this until you come to your senses. Enjoy this win! 😃

Hide contents

welcome to bitter fandom sir, years of losing will do that to you. Join US ON THE DARK SIDE, BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHH

On 11/27/2021 at 5:27 PM, RSkinGM said:

It DOES make hm a bust. Drafted second overall-That player HAS to be SPECIAL . . If a guy drafted there isn't a Game Changer. Then it was a bad pick .

Well, to be fair, if the number one pick overall was not a QB (Joe Burrow), then we would have not gotten Chase Young. Chase Young was the consensus best player in the draft and should have gone number 1 overall, if Cincinnati did not have the first pick and needed a QB. 

Like I said before, this is year 2. If in year 3 he is not getting double digit sacks and is essentially getting cloaked on defensive plays, then it will determine the 5th year option and his future as a pass rusher here in Washington. 

• Like 1

He lost me before the season when he started talking about his personal goals. He wanted to break the record for a tandem of DEs for sacks. I like the players that talk about "winning"  and the team-not themselves . I think he's a free lancing selfish player .

I do hope he comes back strong next year and has a great season but right now Shaka Toney is half sack behind him . 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scott Land said:

Reveal hidden contents

A) I don't think Mar was laughing at Chase getting injured. I think he was laughing at your defense of Chase (I'm taking a middle road between you two in terms of my assessment of Chase)

B) if you have been reading for awhile before creating an account, you'd know that the one big thing we do here is to not question someone's fandom. We're all here because we are fans of the team. Please respect that. You might not like what someone has to say, and may not like the poster at all. But we're all fans here. 

• Like 1

It’s just an awful take to suggest that the D is better w/o Chase & Montez. The secondary was absolutely awful - worst in the NFL the first 6 weeks of the season.

We got zero coverage sacks the first 6 weeks of the season. 

The way I look at this D is how John Keim said this morning on the Junkies, just imagine how much impactful this defense would be the last 3 games if it had a healthy Chase & Montez. I don’t want to take anything away from JSW, Toohill & Toney bc they’re playing solid fundamental defense at the DE position  but, if Chase & Montez we’re out there we’d have a few game changing plays on top of our DEs just playing solid - which is all what we currently have w/ JSW, Toohill & Toney.

We got presume up the middle last night but, without blitzing our DEs got not pressure on Russ all game, that would be different if we had Chase & Montez out there and thus, our D would be playing even better than it’s been playing the last 2.5 games w/o them.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It’s just an awful take to suggest that the D is better w/o Chase & Montez. The secondary was absolutely awful - worst in the NFL the first 6 weeks of the season.

We got zero coverage sacks the first 6 weeks of the season. 

The way I look at this D is how John Keim said this morning on the Junkies, just imagine how much impactful this defense would be the last 3 games if it had a healthy Chase & Montez. I don’t want to take anything away from JSW, Toohill & Toney bc they’re playing solid fundamental defense at the DE position  but, if Chase & Montez we’re out there we’d have a few game changing plays on top of our DEs just playing solid - which is all what we currently have w/ JSW, Toohill & Toney.

We got presume up the middle last night but, without blitzing our DEs got not pressure on Russ all game, that would be different if we had Chase & Montez out there and thus, our D would be playing even better than it’s been playing the last 2.5 games w/o them.

I honestly don't believe this to be true.... the Team appears better as a cohesive unit rather than Chase free lancing all over the place. Do you guys remember the press conferences during the by? Ron was calling out immaturity and lack of discipline... and he was suggesting it was all Chase Young.

I have not heard those two words since he has been injured and our defense is playing much much better. 

• Like 1