Chase Young turning into a bust?

mar29020

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Very few players come back and pick up right where they left off like Peterson. I hope it doesn’t slow Chase’s development but, I can’t see how it won’t. He’ll be rehabbing next off-season instead of developing his pass moves etc.

one great thing is that you dont really need speed to be a great d-lineman. 

Just going to keep it real this thread is why we can’t have nice things. Chase isn’t a bust. Even without the sacks he is a high energy guy who puts in the effort. Last year we were saying the same thing when he had a groin and was being triple teamed. The sacks are going to come in bunches for him next year. He’s going to be fine and he’s going to prove worthy of this pick. This fan base kills me. We draft him and instantly we look for the guy who’s leaving in 5 years instead of just enjoying them for 5 years. Look at Jon Allen. Guys continue to progress past year 2 4 6 8. Players that work the hardest tend to improve. He will too. Let’s just enjoy this high motor local talent. If he’s great great. If he’s really good great. If he’s just a good football player on a great unit great. Let’s stop looking for the bad and just enjoy the fact we have young bright players with legit upside and hope they grow.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Just going to keep it real this thread is why we can’t have nice things. Chase isn’t a bust. Even without the sacks he is a high energy guy who puts in the effort. Last year we were saying the same thing when he had a groin and was being triple teamed. The sacks are going to come in bunches for him next year. He’s going to be fine and he’s going to prove worthy of this pick. This fan base kills me. We draft him and instantly we look for the guy who’s leaving in 5 years instead of just enjoying them for 5 years. Look at Jon Allen. Guys continue to progress past year 2 4 6 8. Players that work the hardest tend to improve. He will too. Let’s just enjoy this high motor local talent. If he’s great great. If he’s really good great. If he’s just a good football player on a great unit great. Let’s stop looking for the bad and just enjoy the fact we have young bright players with legit upside and hope they grow.

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 9:20 PM, turtle28 said:

Very few players come back and pick up right where they left off like Peterson. I hope it doesn’t slow Chase’s development but, I can’t see how it won’t. He’ll be rehabbing next off-season instead of developing his pass moves etc.

Well, guys are coming back faster and faster from ACL tears and their rehabs are typically even better. But, he went down at Gren Bay, so he could be potentially ready by OTA's and be back on PUP to start the season. He won't need a full season to rehab in 2022. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

Well, guys are coming back faster and faster from ACL tears and their rehabs are typically even better. But, he went down at Gren Bay, so he could be potentially ready by OTA's and be back on PUP to start the season. He won't need a full season to rehab in 2022. 

True, I’m just saying we should temper our expectations a bit. I mean let’s take Thomas Bryant from the Wizards for example, he tore his ACL last January and he hasn’t returned yet. They’re saying maybe next month but most likely January - a full calendar year.

On 11/22/2021 at 12:16 PM, Ghostnote said:

It depends on the extent of damage surrounding the tear and the individual’s body.  Same is true for Tommy John surgery.  The time the players are out is less and less, but there is still a 2-4 month window where it can go long.  

Counting on him to start the season is something I would not do at this point.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

It's a killa to realize Micah Parsons is what we hoped Chase would be - a game changer . ☹️

They don’t play the same position. Parsons isn’t rushing with his hands in the dirt. Sorry dude, you can keep pulling up every player that comes along to discredit Chase but you’ve been doing this the entire time he’s been on the roster. I’d respect this a lot more if you stayed in the other thread you created after he went on a tear his rookie season and won DROY. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They don’t play the same position. Parsons isn’t rushing with his hands in the dirt. Sorry dude, you can keep pulling up every player that comes along to discredit Chase but you’ve been doing this the entire time he’s been on the roster. I’d respect this a lot more if you stayed in the other thread you created after he went on a tear his rookie season and won DROY. 

O K, I'll try to find that one . 🧐

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

It really doesn’t matter. I’ve come to the realization long ago when defending Orakpo that no matter what you do, say or show people about a pass rusher they’ll not like them if they don’t want to like them. A handful of people in this forum made the decision even before the draft that they weren’t going to be ever satisfied with the selection of Chase Young.

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It really doesn’t matter. I’ve come to the realization long ago when defending Orakpo that no matter what you do, say or show people about a pass rusher they’ll not like them if they don’t want to like them. A handful of people in this forum made the decision even before the draft that they weren’t going to be ever satisfied with the selection of Chase Young.

What was their reasoning for that? Bc they wanted a QB? If it was Herbert, those people were right....