Week 2: NE Patriots vs NY Jets

Bobby816

This is the first NFL football game that I will get to attend live. Pretty stoked about it. Very tempted to throw down a few bets on the game too. I think it will be a close, low scoring game with lots of running by both teams. Because of that, I'm very tempted to take the Jets+6. 

There was a prop bet about Mac throwing less than 31.5 times. That seemed promising too since the Patriots are likely going to run all over us. 

• Like 4

I just hope we made a ton of adjustments on both sides of the ball. The Pats coming off a loss always scares me and these always seem to be our ugliest games. Gotta hope the line has a better day but at what point is this front office going to understand that McG and GVR absolutely $%@ing suck?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

but at what point is this front office going to understand that McG and GVR absolutely $%@ing suck?

Perhaps they do. The real question is what are they going to do about it. Kind of tough thing to adjust at this point.  We all knew GVR would play like, well, GVR. I also think we were all kind of hoping McGovern would revert to Denver form with AVT next to him.  I like to believe AVT will pick it up big time making McGovern better. 

On 9/17/2021 at 12:28 PM, Bobby816 said:

Davis is the obvious one to try and take out. But they don’t have Gilmore. So even double teaming him really weakens other areas. And they’re not exactly loaded with talent at CB. So I like our chances of Moore, Cole and Crowder winning their matchups. 

I like our WRs as well, but BB will challenge him to go to them. I feel pretty good about our chances overall. 

6 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Don't ask but my second RB is inactive today and my bench guys are Williams from KC (stashing if CEH gets hurt) and then I have both Ty Johnson and Michael Carter.  Which one should I start, Ty?  I feel like he'll get more snaps but Carter could get a few catches.

This early in the season, I’d say Ty. He will get more touches

• Like 1

DLine is going to have to step up today. We’re very weak at LB and NE is gonna try and run the ball. The big guys up front have to be up to the task. Q was disappointing last week. Foley was the only guy on the DL worth talking about positively. I like our chances if we force NE to throw. I was a Big Mac Jones fan. So obviously I think he’s good. I also now obviously hate him Bc he plus for NE. But they just don’t have the weapons with a rookie QB to be dangerous in that area. If we can stop the run and force Jones to throw… we can win this game.

Looking to see:

• LaFleur call some first down passes, especially early in the game, to give Wilson a better chance to get things going early
  • Better play from the OL (which shouldn't be hard, in theory)
  • Another WR (or 2) get in on the action and show something

A run game, some pass rush, and some signs that C.J. Mosley is who he was back in 2019 would all be really nice too, but I'm not expecting miracles here. The first three things should be pretty doable.

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Mims inactive. There’s more to this story with him, that we don’t know. And this 2020 draft class is actually starting to look awful.

Yeah not good at all. Douglas needs to have  a monster offseason this year or we need to be looking for someone who knows how to draft and bring in talent. So far he’s been pretty underwhelming. 

6 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah not good at all. Douglas needs to have  a monster offseason this year or we need to be looking for someone who knows how to draft and bring in talent. So far he’s been pretty underwhelming. 

It’s still early to completely judge him as a GM. But yes last years class isn’t looking the best. And that’s unfortunate. Becton can’t stay healthy and every pick after that besides Hall has been a failure to date. This years class has to be a total HR for him to not be on the hot seat in the next couple years.

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Mims inactive. There’s more to this story with him, that we don’t know. And this 2020 draft class is actually starting to look awful.

That class belonged to Gase.  We have to accept that and move forward.  We will kill JD if Saleh regime is busted. lol